Literally no point to this forum...

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
NCFCRulz

Literally no point to this forum...

Post by NCFCRulz »

No one ever checks or reads the posts? No developments on Tournaments for Months. With massive increase in players on this site looking to utilise tournaments surely development here should be a priority? Seems literally nothing has changed for 2021? :(
Kym Smit

Re: Literally no point to this forum...

Post by Kym Smit »

I disagree in part.
While I am guilty of not looking at forums, this is my first browsing of the forums since joining early this year.
Curious to know what tournaments you'd expect or like to see here that aren't run in the tournament modes available already. I guess tourney's with different games now that I think about it. (I defo like to see this option added)
NCFCRulz

Post by NCFCRulz »

So many suggestions on these forums, none are ever implemented or even responded to. Its just such a shame, tournaments could be sorted so much better than they are
NCFCRulz

Post by NCFCRulz »

This aged well... Another 3 months, price hike, 0 changes to tournaments. Why does someone not read and respond to the comments and suggestions on formats? Why can we still not have multiplayer group games with single elimination in knockout phase? Why can we not have 1 Swiss group with a top 8 bracket. These are surely SIMPLE things to implement but all that happens is once a month the interface gets messed around.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

NCFCRulz wrote: 17 February 2022, 12:21 This aged well... Another 3 months, price hike, 0 changes to tournaments. Why does someone not read and respond to the comments and suggestions on formats? Why can we still not have multiplayer group games with single elimination in knockout phase? Why can we not have 1 Swiss group with a top 8 bracket. These are surely SIMPLE things to implement but all that happens is once a month the interface gets messed around.
Sure, that's as SIMPLE as clicking on a button, and the understaffed team is doing nothing in the meantime on purpose -_-
I'm pretty sure that if someone would answer all the comments, then someone else would be pissed because it's time wasted not developping.
My point is : not everything is about tournament and developping takes time, rushing thing would be even worse.
NCFCRulz

Post by NCFCRulz »

Just bumping this for awareness. No changes now to tournaments for over a year with so much demand for changes
NCFCRulz

Post by NCFCRulz »

Nearly another year passed, nearly another year of absolutely couldn't care less attitude about tournaments from the people who run BGA. You could have a proper tournament scene but for some reason you neglect it
T72on1

Post by T72on1 »

I think Tisaac's response still applies. But you choose to neglect that one.
NCFCRulz

Post by NCFCRulz »

T72on1 wrote: 07 February 2023, 10:20 I think Tisaac's response still applies. But you choose to neglect that one.
Its been 3 years... My 8yr old son could develop something quicker than that
T72on1

Post by T72on1 »

NCFCRulz wrote: 09 February 2023, 01:27
T72on1 wrote: 07 February 2023, 10:20 I think Tisaac's response still applies. But you choose to neglect that one.
Its been 3 years... My 8yr old son could develop something quicker than that
Than maybe you should ask him to do so.

You don't seem to get the fact that BGA is mainly reliant on volunteers. I don't know about you, but I'm a volunteer myself in real life in a few ways, and I can tell you: it's not about not wanting to address something. It's about needing to make priority decisions, as there's way too much work for way too little people helping out. Even something that only needs a relative small amount of time to be done can be postponed that way, because really there's often tons of such small things to be done. Volunteering at itself is already hard enough at times. It's comments like the last one you made that make it ten times as hard as it already is. Maybe think about that next time before you type something.

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”