gomoku arena

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
antasatibal

gomoku arena

Post by antasatibal »

i cannot seem to understand why Gomoku players are not allowed to compete in the arena whereas other games like Hex, Connect 6 or Connect 4 have their competitions!
all other abstract games have strong programs and solvers, especially Othello!

i see it as unfair for all Gomoku players
RYANDING

Re: gomoku arena

Post by RYANDING »

given the number of replies here, i guess the lack of arena mode is well justified lol
Sabatchka

Post by Sabatchka »

I agree with RYANDING and antasatibal
watsu

Post by watsu »

Commonplace AI is already better than the best human swap2 gomoku players in the world, so what would be the point? Top swap2 gomoku players have basically three options for tournaments - in person, 1/1 blitz tournaments and tournaments which have very detailed anti cheating measures enabled. BGA can't do any of that in arena or tournament mode.
megamau

Post by megamau »

@watsu

the same is true for chess, checkers, othello, and indeed of any game which is enough well known for somebody to implement an alphazero clone.
I think we just have to live with the fact that nowadays computer are stronger than people and who wants to cheat online can not realistically be stopped.
watsu

Post by watsu »

@ megamau - agreed, but that's an argument against arena for checkers and othello, not for arena in gomoku.

Return to “Gomoku”