Is there a way not to play against low rank people in the arena?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
TheBrognator

Is there a way not to play against low rank people in the arena?

Post by TheBrognator »

It's a lose-lose situation.

You win, you gain nothing and waste time. You lose, you lose a shit load of points and waste time. You quit, you lose a shit load of points and karma.

How can I address this?
LawyerInThePhog

Re: Is there a way not to play against low rank people in the arena?

Post by LawyerInThePhog »

Yes, on the arena tab right underneath your rank of a game is a cog wheel icon. Click on that to change your settings in arena for that specific game. For Catan you need to go to the bottom of the pop out tab and click on show advanced options. Once you have done that you will see a option titled "Opponents level" there you can change how far from your current rank you want to play.
Mathew5000

Post by Mathew5000 »

LawyerInThePhog wrote: 07 February 2023, 00:55 Yes, on the arena tab right underneath your rank of a game is a cog wheel icon. Click on that to change your settings in arena for that specific game. For Catan you need to go to the bottom of the pop out tab and click on show advanced options. Once you have done that you will see a option titled "Opponents level" there you can change how far from your current rank you want to play.
I was wondering about this, is the "level" based on the current Arena season, or on Elo? If it's the former, then I guess you have to switch the setting when you increase in level, if your goal is to mainly play opponents who will challenge you.

It would be nice to have some way to indicate, "I don't mind playing opponents at a higher level than me, but I'd rather not play opponents at a lower level."
swetytooth

Post by swetytooth »

Settings don't matter. Still getting paired with beginners and losing by a lot. Beginners who get beat regularly don't pay to become premium members. You think Catan is bad, try Cribbage, it's crazy predictable.

Return to “Catan”