Growing farm

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
SabinL

Growing farm

Post by SabinL »

I have trouble understanding this card. It says

''You can only play this card if you have at least as many pasture spaces as the number of completed rounds. If you do, you get a number of food
equal to the current round.''

Does this mean I have to try to accumulate 2 clay+1 reed, AND fence before round 4 if I even want a chance of playing this card ? Seems close to impossible to do all this in the first stage.

Does this also mean there are no ways of playing this card after the first harvest ?
Ranior

Re: Growing farm

Post by Ranior »

You're close, but you seem to be reading the card as "number of pastures" rather than "pasture spaces".

So for example, if you fenced so that 8 spaces of your board are filled with pastures, you have 8 pastures spaces, and hence you have more time to get growing farm played.

In the extreme example, you could fence 12 spaces (3x4) and be able to play Growing Farm nearly at the end of the game.

With all that said, even with a correct reading, Growing Farm is one of the worst cards in the deck because it is so rare to be able to play it. It's almost never worth setting up and try to pursue it, you almost always have better ways to invest your actions.
SabinL

Re: Growing farm

Post by SabinL »

Hey, thanks. Yeah that makes a bit more sense. Definitely still hard to pull off.

Return to “Agricola”