Not a bug, but need better screen layout options, please!

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
blhootz

Re: Not a bug, but need better screen layout options, please!

Post by blhootz »

pjt33 wrote: 19 April 2022, 00:01 If you want to try out my enlarged cost-and-slot headers (only on cards which are available to buy, not on acquired cards), add the following to your custom CSS:
Thanks, pjt! Testing it out now. Doesn't solve the entire issue for me, but it definitely helps make the level 1-3 cards much more readable when zoomed out. Much appreciated for the quick fix idea!

I hear what you say about not wanting to split up the main player board. So here's my new concept: Player board as designed in one single row up at top. Then the level 1-3 cards in 3 groups of 3x2 underneath. (3 wide x 2 high). That would make the player board and the level cards fit onto 3 total rows. Unfortunately, there's still the colony cards underneath, which either have to be scrolled down or zoomed out to see fully. But at least the idea is one row less than it currently is. Let me see if I can do a primitive mockup right here:

| 01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12 |
[L1] [L1] [L1] [L2] [L2] [L2] [L3] [L3] [L3]
[L1] [L1] [L1] [L2] [L2] [L2] [L3] [L3] [L3]
[C1] [C2] [C3] [C4] [C5] [C6] [C7] [C8] [C9] [C10] [C11] [C12]

Again, I just want to be able to fit in as much on my screen as possible without having to zoom out or keep scrolling all the time. This would get one step closer. What do you think?
RallyAll

Post by RallyAll »

This idea died out? I too find the layout needs improvement.
VKV FR

Post by VKV FR »

I love it, thanks a lot for the idea.
I also find it easier not to mix the cost and the sector...
kgfPatsfan

Post by kgfPatsfan »

Without trying to make everything fit on one screen, I would like the option to see my opponents' ships above the ships available to buy. I will always scroll down to purchase a ship, but I often forget to keep an eye on my opponents. Out of sight, out of mind.

Return to “Space Base”