"Handbook" vs "Complete" game version?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
MoiMagnus

Re: "Handbook" vs "Complete" game version?

Post by MoiMagnus »

CanuckEddie wrote: 05 March 2021, 17:05 I'm in a game now that has the option "First Round", which is clearly more than the first round...is that what this is called now? This is a game that will end at the end of Age 2?
Yes, your first game will end at the end of Age 2 (with some bonus culture points automatically awarded to you to try to simulate how well you would have performed in a potential Age 2)

The two other games you have currently are complete, and will last for the 3 Ages.

I will admit I'm quite puzzled by the current name. I would have understood "First game only", but "First round only", why ???
ted11

Post by ted11 »

Wow, this took us by surprise as the default only play to Age 3, and we noticed there were no military attack cards.

Strongly recommend making this NOT the default and warning players it is a short, non-military/attack game.
geomax

Post by geomax »

I think they should've named the simple 2 age game similar to what the How to Play demo named it. First Round just sounds like you take the single step at the beginning of the game and it is then over.

Return to “Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization”