How do I escape as Mr. Jack?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Starwarrior1128

How do I escape as Mr. Jack?

Post by Starwarrior1128 »

I'm at the exit, I'm not visible (as in not next to a lit gaslight or other character), and yet I can't escape. What do I need to do?
RicardoRix

Re: How do I escape as Mr. Jack?

Post by RicardoRix »

one space beyond. I think it comes up as an arrow.

but the visible thing is whether you were visible at the start/end of the round, not during. Look at the log messages.
Starwarrior1128

Post by Starwarrior1128 »

So I looked at the log messages, and it says Mr. Jack is not visible, but my footprints, just take me to the exit hex and no further. If I go the exit hex, will a sign to take me one step further show up?
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

Is the exit blocked by a gate?

When you come to move your character to escape, you can click on the exit tunnel - not the hex but in the tunnel. Your movement will have to be 1 more than the hex adjacent to the tunnel.

It's been a long time since I played, but I believe that to be right.
mbaros2001

Post by mbaros2001 »

I've had the exact same issue and I wonder if this is a fault. Can anyone confirm.

To be clear, I was Mr jack and were not visible at the end of the last turn and then attempted to move out of an exit. The exit (the space beyond the board) was 3 spots away the footsteps only went to the edge of the board (2steps).
hontabat

Post by hontabat »

Hello mbaros2001,
I just watched the replay of your game #438882481. Twice in the game you had the opportunity to escape but the exit was blocked by the police barrier of Lestrade. Because you had Lestrade as Mr. Jack, you could have used your ability to remove the police barrier before moving your character, and then win the game in these 2 occasions. Of course you can't escape if you try to move first Lestrade without using your ability! Good luck on future games :)

Return to “Mr. Jack”