Bugs

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Tuamare

Bugs

Post by Tuamare »

How is it that I was unable to continue when I had markers on the columns where the dice rolls were (more than once)? There is a screen shot of this, from replaying the moves.

Reported via the bug process but can’t upload
aesche

Re: Bugs

Post by aesche »

Which game?

Were you at the top in these columns already?
Tuamare

Post by Tuamare »

Can’t Stop table 348188972.

No, not top of the columns, I know the consequences of that :)
cigma

Post by cigma »

I guess it's this bug report: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=14424

Please give us a link to your screenshot or the turn number for a check in the replay (I am no developer, so I have to wait till the game is finished).
#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)
euklid314

Post by euklid314 »

Now that your game is over I can analyse it. In your bug report you mentioned rolling a 5,5,5,3, thus you are talking about move 93 in your game #348188972.

You perhaps do not know (or you have overlooked it at the moment) that one is not allowed to have more than 3 active columns at any time. It is irrelevant which columns you started in previous turns but the number of columns that you start in your active turn are resticted to at most three.

Since you had already started columns 4,6,7 in your active turn only rolls that allowed you to advance in these 3 colums were successful. Since you rolled 5,5,5,3 you could not advance in your columns and thus you fell down.

No bug.

Edit: After re-reading your bug report I am strongly suspecting that you have mis-interpreted the rules. You seem to think that all columns are available that you have a marker of your color on (from previous rounds). As I wrote above, only 3 columns are available at any time (those that have the neutral, black markers!).
cigma

Post by cigma »

euklid314 wrote: 20 February 2023, 11:01 Since you had already started columns 4,6,7 in your active turn only rolls that allowed you to advance in these 3 colums were successful. Since you rolled 5,5,5,3 you could not advance in your columns and thus you fell down.
I agree with the analysis made by euklid314 on the game: no bug here.
#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)
Tuamare

Post by Tuamare »

I think you touched on the problem Euklid. I have some health issues, including things like brain fog, and it can cause issues, not just at home playing!

Return to “Can't Stop”