Unlimited Guns

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Pull the Pin Games

Unlimited Guns

Post by Pull the Pin Games »

One change we made on BGA that's different than the physical game is that we are not limiting the Guns. Previously, there were only 2 Guns for 4-players, 3 Guns for 5-6 players, and 4 Guns for 7-8 players. We are planning to make this change in the 4th Edition of the base game, so we thought we'd try it out on BGA first.

Although it can be exciting to know that there aren't enough Guns for everyone, the main downside is that, often times later in the game, you know who the opposing leader is, but there isn't a Gun for you to take to aim at them. It feels like a wasted turn at a critical point in the game, so it can be frustrating for players. When there are unlimited Guns, you can always make progress towards ending the game victoriously.

What do you think? Do you like unlimited Guns? Or do you prefer they remain limited?
lostdog

Re: Unlimited Guns

Post by lostdog »

I've been playing since 1st edition. I do like the unlimited guns, as I've had some games which have everyone before me grabbing a gun, and I get left out. However, I do like having the option of choosing limited at times. There's enough nuance sometimes which can affect your actions.
Pull the Pin Games

Thanks for your thoughts, lostdog! Wow, playing since first edition. You are a true veteran of the game. :D
Dislexsick

Post by Dislexsick »

(Without playing with this mode yet) I suspect this will remove some of the charm of the game.

There's something fun, and funny about at the start of the game several players grabbing a gun, revealing info about themselves, with no idea who to aim at or possibly actually shoot -- for the sole reason of holding the guns so others can't at the moment.
Pull the Pin Games

Yeah I can see that. I'm curious if anyone has turns later in the game where they feel like they can't do anything useful because there are no Guns available.

Return to “Good Cop Bad Cop”