POOR policy - BAD policy from BGA

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Phosrik

Re: POOR policy - BAD policy from BGA

Post by Phosrik »

Agree that the log should not have the played cards. I think only the last played trick should be available for review in the case of an AFK situation. Cheating at home takes time and effort. There may be a few that do it but it's probably rare.
Sleeping-Beauty___

Post by Sleeping-Beauty___ »

Well, I won't hold my breath!!!
f1paquette

Post by f1paquette »

If you leave the log, change the time to play for 10 sec. (or 5 sec).
SuperDave007

Post by SuperDave007 »

Well a little disaappoiinted with BGA for calling a player a looser in a spades game but it is ok for BGA at the end of the game in final results to call 2 players lossers. I got penalized 10 Reputation points, I wonder how many players they called looser?
Tuut Tuut tis Luut

Post by Tuut Tuut tis Luut »

SuperDave007 wrote: 04 August 2023, 10:36 Well a little disaappoiinted with BGA for calling a player a looser in a spades game but it is ok for BGA at the end of the game in final results to call 2 players lossers. I got penalized 10 Reputation points, I wonder how many players they called looser?
I'm confused, you're mad that bga tells you you lost a game?

A game that you lost?
tcarlaw

Post by tcarlaw »

As long as its a level playing field I have no problem with either. I imagine there are more people instant messaging to gain an edge although I think the Spades Arena games are fairly social and since your partners are determined randomly less of a factor. Although there is often a long wait though for games so it probably wouldn't be that hard to load a table.

I would prefer somewhere where I can look at the last trick without scrolling around. If you play often enough to be a decent player you probably already have the information in your head anyways. Intermediate bridge players tend to only count the face cards, while with NIl hands and bag points Spades players watch both ends of the spectrum and don't need to be scrolling around. Having the log with beginner/intermediate players gives them more of a chance to learn the strategy. The suggestion of making it a table setting is fairly straightforward and could be a feature suggestion in the appropriate area. Personally, I don't find it that easy to scan the play log even reviewing afterwards, and I suspect some slower players are scanning the logs.

I would be very happy if singletons were played automatically to keep the game moving, and an AI where once a TRAM happens the remaining cards are played automatically.

Overall I would say the community needs to be more tolerant of beginner players and the format of the Arena play makes it possible to avoid beginners and some of the more arrogant intermediate players who think they will always win by counting cards and criticize every mistake without considering that unusual distributions will lead to less optimal outcomes. If the play log makes it more inclusive then I agree with the BGA policy.

Return to “Spades”