Why is it recommended for 2p as best?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Embe13

Why is it recommended for 2p as best?

Post by Embe13 »

As I have played through 30 odd games so far with mostly 3 people but the occasional 2p game, I find the game way more enjoyable with 3, and as with many games of this genre I have played (lords of waterdeep, Armageddon (please add this game!) dominant species etc.) I find they are best with max players. I have not yet gotten to play the game 4 player yet and would really like to. i have fallen in love with this game and would really like to see more people play 3p and 4p games.

also a random rating of 1 is way to low for this game, i would argue it should be rated 3 8-)
Soba_Viking

Re: Why is it recommended for 2p as best?

Post by Soba_Viking »

I enjoy it most at 3 as well. With 4 it becomes a little too long and builder's market can be too chaotic.
Embe13

Post by Embe13 »

Ahh, /i revel in chaos, and love the randomness of games like this, and i can see 4p on pc being slow, but fantastic with friends in person
AliKaZam

Post by AliKaZam »

I agree it is more enjoyable with 3 or 4 players, I also think it needs the extended game so maybe I'm just a sucker for the longer gameplay.

Random can be high, but alot I think depends on the churn you set on the market and actually the selections you are choosing so don't think it needs to high a rating compared to some games.
Duane Roelands

Post by Duane Roelands »

I've had the most fun with five. Because of the limited interactivity, it's very easy plan your next turn while others are playing and downtime is pretty light.

It's also fun to narrate the drama and intrigues.
mturton

Post by mturton »

It's better with 2 because it is faster and because both players have a shot at winning, with a little luck. In a four player match usually two players are out right away, they have limited or no access to Prestige cards, and in any case, Prestige cards run out in the last season, normally, or even earlier. Heck, they can be exhausted even in a two player match. In a four player match, what this means is that for half the players, the game often becomes a hopeless dull slog, reducing the pleasure of interacting with its mechanics.

Return to “Obsession”