Both players marking dead stones?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Oami

Both players marking dead stones?

Post by Oami »

It appears that in the end of the game, only one player marks the stones as dead; the other can only accept or reject this. If the first player makes a mistake, it will all need to be done again from the start, and, using AGA rules, to remove all the dead stones by playing, which may be a pain when the result would be clear anyway.

Wouldn't it be possible to give the other player, should they reject the first player's designation, a chance to mark the dead stones themselves, after which the first player would instead be given the choice of accepting or rejecting this? If it were an innocent mistake in the first place, it would be found out this way.
ekted

Re: Both players marking dead stones?

Post by ekted »

I had a gamer today where my opponent was not marking the right dead groups. It was an endless loop of my rejecting and them selecting the same stones. If the server isn't going to automate this, there needs to be a way for players who refuse the complete a game properly (or who don't understand how to) get marked as such.

Return to “Go”