Versions from "New Zealand" you might like to try.

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
ChronicB Gamer

Versions from "New Zealand" you might like to try.

Post by ChronicB Gamer »

Hi Presidential candidates,

Firstly just want to thank the developer, quaresma95! It's great to have this game on here! :)

Some optional rules I've come across here:
1: When someone played a third (or more) card in a row ((p4: 3), p1: 5, p2: 6, p3: 7) that player (p3) would then choose to call "run"/"consecutive" and the next player to play would then have to play the next number up (8) or pass. And whoever played that card, the next card played would have to keep being 1 higher. (9) continuing until everyone passed or someone won the trick. Of course the 3rd in a "run" could always not call it and the next player could play anything, but also if they then played 1 higher(continuing the "run") they then have the choice to call "run" or not call it.

2: When someone played the ten(s) they could choose if the NEXT card had to be higher or lower (another ten would always be an option if you are playing the skip variant), or
2b. When someone played the ten(s) they could choose if for the REST OF THE TRICK the cards needed to keep getting lower (down to 3, like you have for revolution), or
2c. the player of the ten(s) could choose from all 3 (higher, next card lower, or keep getting lower).

3. As some others have said we also sometimes played that the joker could be what ever you wanted it to be, so it could help make a pair, tripple, quad, or actually potentially be useful as an single number if you are playing the "runs" variant (rule 1.) or as a 3 in the "revolution" variant (rule 2b.)

4. Occasionally (particularly if we had lots of players) we would use 2 packs.

I would love these variants to be added to this game too!

Interesting note: We never actually did any scoring though, we had different names for the positions and people would have to refer to you by your title. The bottom position was a worse name and you sometimes kept that name till you played again or everyone forgot/parents heard!
ChronicB Gamer

Re: Versions from "New Zealand" you might like to try.

Post by ChronicB Gamer »

5. We also sometimes played that making a 4 of a kind wins the trick. (As I've seen elsewhere.) so when you are playing a skip, it could add up to 4 of them and then the last to play would win the trick. Also nobody else could play a quad on a quad, because the first would win the hand. We used to use the word "burn" for this and when the jokers were played alone.

6. I'd also heard of the variant where you can always play a higher number of cards (so a pair on singles, or triples on pairs) but never really played it. I can't even remember if a single was lead and someone played a pair on it, could the next go back to single (as that was lead) or did the trick have to be beaten by higher pairs (, triples or quads) from then on? But that sounded like a fundamentally different game to me.

Return to “President”