can't size screen properly, the UX is awful

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Chucklepie

can't size screen properly, the UX is awful

Post by Chucklepie »

I don't normally say bad things about games, but honestly this game implementation is just dreadful.

The UX is obtuse, I have no idea why things aren't working and it isn't saying why, when it looks ok, I click items and sometimes something happens then I have to click other items in some kind of order that isn't the same every move. Obviously it's an error on my part, but I've read the instructions, it just doesn't give any clue why.

To top it off, the window contents don't fit on the screen properly - I have to have it on a small window size so I can see everything because when the window resizes the contents it also increases the gap so as so as I increase the window to fill the height of my window, the tiles have dropped below the screen because it looks like it is increasing the padding between items exponentially (bug logged for this, just mentioning because the entire experience is bad).
ufm

Re: can't size screen properly, the UX is awful

Post by ufm »

Replied to the bug report
Arnetto

Re: can't size screen properly, the UX is awful

Post by Arnetto »

The green and red outlines of tiles in selected state are difficult to see and could be more emphatic or a different indication used for selected tiles. Also not color blind friendly. Otherwise, the UI has been okay for me. More contextual help about (il)legal moves on unallowed selections might also be an improvement.

Return to “Tranquility: The Ascent”