RAUHA: Make Rauha shine again!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
DrClick

RAUHA: Make Rauha shine again!

Post by DrClick »

After millennia of sterility, life has sprung up again on Rauha. As a venerable Shaman, one of its five worlds has been entrusted to you. Your powers are divine and allow you to shape the environment in order to turn this world into a cradle of life energy, keeper of serenity, and harmony for the centuries to come.

Obtain the most victory points, represented as Life Energy, to win the game. You have 2 Ages to turn your world into an energetic core of Rauha. In Age 1, vegetation, terrain, and wildlife will appear. In Age 2, civilizations will thrive.

The game takes place over 4 rounds, each divided into 3 turns followed by a scoring phase. Each turn, you will follow 5 steps:
1. Simultaneously take all Biome cards from the satellite whose symbol matches the one beneath your Avatar on your Player board (moon or star).
2. Choose one card to place on any square of your Player board or discard to the Black Hole.
3. Receive a Divine Entity if you create a row or column of matching symbols on your Player board.
4. Activate your Avatar, plus any Divine Entities in the same row or column as your Avatar.
5. Finally move your Avatar one notch clockwise along the edge of your Player board, changing the row or column that will be activated on the next turn.

During the Scoring Phase, you will activate all your Biomes with Spore tokens and any Divine Entities you may have, gaining crystals and points as shown on the components.

This 45 minute, 2 to 5 player game can be played right now on Board Game Arena, by clicking the link below right now!
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=rauha

No games without designers or publishers: that's why we would love to thank Johannes Goupy and Théo Rivière, as well as GRRRE Games publishing for their help to bring RAUHA on the platform.

A huge thanks to the dedication and work done by Tisaac and firgon by developing the game and making it shine on Board Game Arena. A lot of love was involved, and you can witness it right now from the game replays.

That's it for this Wednesday Release Time!
See you next week with another game... or two.
Until then, take care and play fair.
Rem Speedwagon

Re: RAUHA: Make Rauha great again!

Post by Rem Speedwagon »

Game looks great, but not a fan of using a political dogwhistle for the article title....
AmassGamesYouTube

Post by AmassGamesYouTube »

Sterility?!
Ez0ah

Post by Ez0ah »

Thx a lot for all of the work put in this implementation.
Really like the esthetics and how you need to build upon previous tiles by the second half of the game.
agriancito

Post by agriancito »

Yeah, I concur with the comment about the dogwhistle. Its kinda weird.
Nicholas_M

Post by Nicholas_M »

Rem Speedwagon wrote: 01 March 2023, 14:10 Game looks great, but not a fan of using a political dogwhistle for the article title....
I agree - that phrase is still very closely linked to hate speech in the United States. I imagine it was meant in a playful way, but for many audiences I think it will come across as a bit of an insensitive reference to some very recent, very painful world events
Medievalbanquet

Post by Medievalbanquet »

Rem Speedwagon wrote: 01 March 2023, 14:10 Game looks great, but not a fan of using a political dogwhistle for the article title....
Dogwhistle?
TSchnorrenberg

Post by TSchnorrenberg »

This.

BGA is an escape from reality. Political polarization doesn't need to be injected into everything we encounter in life, and this is not an appropriate venue. Please consider retitling this announcement.
Lottine

Post by Lottine »

This game has wonderful visuals and the gameplay is smooth :)
There is a tutorial program in ALPHA version from Nekonyancer, please consider opening it for public so more players can learn the game and the rest of us will find oponents faster :D
Thank you :)
95chins

Post by 95chins »

Nicholas_M wrote: 01 March 2023, 16:15
I agree - that phrase is still very closely linked to hate speech in the United States. I imagine it was meant in a playful way, but for many audiences I think it will come across as a bit of an insensitive reference to some very recent, very painful world events
I agree too. I do not find the title amusing.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”