Ticket to Ride Europe

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Qorlas

Re: Ticket to Ride Europe

Post by Qorlas »

Europe is not worse not better than USA... is just different. You cannot repeat the same tactics of USA but you need to modify them. In my experience on other websites I was stronger in Europe than USA but that was due only from these small differences. (for example to win the game you don't need to block the opponent... sometimes you just have to slow him down)
Goldgrog

Post by Goldgrog »

Agree! I used to play on Steam and loved the Europe, 1910, Switzerland and Asia games. We also have the Old West and France map boards at home - would be fun to see them come to BGA too.
ExaltedAngel

Post by ExaltedAngel »

thg0724 wrote: 19 February 2023, 02:57 I play a lot of three-player TTR in person. Recently my regular playing partners and I got out our copy of TTR Europe and played six games. I thought it was boring and not nearly as challenging. The lack of 5 car routes (and very few 6 & 8 car routes) removes one strategy. The long tickets having very little overlap means players aren't often competing for the same routes, and when there is competition over the few overlapping sections, you can just build a station if you miss out. Blocking (except to break up longest train) is not that important, though there is admittedly a cost to building stations.

Those I played with agreed, it felt much more like solitaire.
I find Europe unexciting too, but I still hope new maps get added for more variety. I'm looking forward especially for the 3p maps (Switzerland and Nordic countries) and the team game map (Asia)
lwrpy

Post by lwrpy »

When playing the Europe map at home we have a house-rule that stations are not allowed at all. It makes the game significantly more challenging that way. (Stations would perhaps appeal to those who think blocking is against the spirit of the game.) For me, stations undermine one important element of the excitement of the game, which relates to the tension involved when it's uncertain whether you will make your tickets. Of course I will happily play with stations if the map ever appears here. Can't wait!
CartesianWhy

Post by CartesianWhy »

I’m looking forward to the Europe version.
rocksteady420

Post by rocksteady420 »

Yess please !
avelache

Post by avelache »

Goldgrog wrote: 23 February 2023, 06:29 Agree! I used to play on Steam and loved the Europe, 1910, Switzerland and Asia games. We also have the Old West and France map boards at home - would be fun to see them come to BGA too.
Is it not possible anymore to play on Steam?
Cause then boardgamearena does not need to add any other maps as you can simply play then somewhere else.
thoun

Post by thoun »

You can still play on steam, where there is a lot of maps. The big difference is that you pay for each map on steam, when here you have a lot of other games for just one subscription ;)
Santinni

Post by Santinni »

lwrpy wrote: 01 March 2023, 22:15 When playing the Europe map at home we have a house-rule that stations are not allowed at all. It makes the game significantly more challenging that way. (Stations would perhaps appeal to those who think blocking is against the spirit of the game.) For me, stations undermine one important element of the excitement of the game, which relates to the tension involved when it's uncertain whether you will make your tickets. Of course I will happily play with stations if the map ever appears here. Can't wait!
Can someone please explain me how stations work ? My family read the rules in english, french and portuguese, searched online and we still don't understand how it works :?
We currently are playing with no stations allowed but we would love to play with the standard rules.
Thanks in advance.
euklid314

Post by euklid314 »

Return to “Ticket to Ride”