Solo game - Game abandoned

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
jburger316

Solo game - Game abandoned

Post by jburger316 »

I was playing a solo game in real time - training - no time limit set - I took a pause for the night and then in the morning come to find out that the:

GAME RESULT
Game abandoned
Game has been closed automatically because no move has been completed for a long period of time.

Is this normal? How can I avoid this in the future?

Thanks in advance!

Jason
paramesis

Re: Solo game - Game abandoned

Post by paramesis »

This happens when you play "real time". Even if there's no time limit, the game will time out if there are no moves in a long time (4 hours I think). If you don't plan to finish a solo mode game in that time, you can set the table up as "turn based" instead. If the game has already been started in real-time mode, you can change it turn turn-based in the options menu in the upper right.
jburger316

Post by jburger316 »

Thanks!
RamboNumber5

Post by RamboNumber5 »

paramesis wrote: 17 January 2021, 17:24 This happens when you play "real time". Even if there's no time limit, the game will time out if there are no moves in a long time (4 hours I think). If you don't plan to finish a solo mode game in that time, you can set the table up as "turn based" instead. If the game has already been started in real-time mode, you can change it turn turn-based in the options menu in the upper right.
Thank you very much, Paramesis. That worked Out. At least you can augment the given time to 48 hours.
Unfortunately there seems to bei No other way than start in Training Mode ( wich is autotically selected when you choose 1 Player) and than during the game Change to round based as described by paramesis.

Return to “Clans of Caledonia”