Non-demand Effects vs. Non-demand Dogma Effects

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
AuroraKael

Non-demand Effects vs. Non-demand Dogma Effects

Post by AuroraKael »

To be more informative, the relationship among effects, in my perspective, is like:
Effects = Dogma Effects + Echo Effects (and other new Effects in Figures of the Sand, let's ignore that so far)
Dogma Effects = Non-demand Dogma Effects + Demand Dogma Effects
(btw, Demand Effects = "I DEMAND" + "I COMPEL")
In that case, if the card has dogma effect read "...execute the non-demand dogma effects" (like <10 Robotics>), you only execute non-demand dogmas.
Otherwise, if it reads "...execute the non-demand effects" (like <9 Computer>), you'll execute not only the non-demand dogmas but echos as well.

I was trying to fix some slight translation problems about "non-demand effects" and "non-demand dogma effects". But when I saw the effects on <9 Computer> I stopped because it was the only card written "non-demand effects" but not the latter among all base-set cards. That's a bit weird. I hope those cards can work exactly as they read ;)
Micah Stairs

Re: Non-demand Effects vs. Non-demand Dogma Effects

Post by Micah Stairs »

All of the base cards actually say "non-demand dogma effects". I know you're referring to the BGA implementation, where there was originally a typo on the Computer card, but the typo was fixed in the translation engine, so no players see the typo (and only the BGA translators such as you notice the typo). Hope that makes sense!
AuroraKael

Post by AuroraKael »

Thanks for the light-speed reply! Actually I found the Artifact <3 Charter of Liberties> acts different from what it writes. I reported it just now.
Micah Stairs

Post by Micah Stairs »

AuroraKael wrote: 09 March 2023, 16:32 Thanks for the light-speed reply! Actually I found the Artifact <3 Charter of Liberties> acts different from what it writes. I reported it just now.
I responded to https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=83142. That doesn't look like a bug to me.

Return to “Innovation”