Scoring Elements

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Pacemakerbug

Scoring Elements

Post by Pacemakerbug »

This game needs an overview for the final scoring of the elements. The score card should be visible or at least be made visible through a button.
Kayvon

Re: Scoring Elements

Post by Kayvon »

The forum is a great place to discuss ideas, but if you want developers to actually hear the suggestions you should submit them in the bugs and suggestions area.

The information from the score card is in your player panel during the game. I think there's an overview of how it works in the How to Play section at the bottom of each game. It's a user editable wiki, so feel free to add to it.
rbeall

Post by rbeall »

I think i determined how you can find out which bonus elements you have. In your little player box where it shows all your elements, at the start of the game mine are all 0, but two have a + next to them
theAudsMustBeCrazy

Post by theAudsMustBeCrazy »

I agree that somehow the scoring should be made easier to understand. However, even the pictograph in the rulebook is a little complex.

I have a question about total scoring. I'll write a separate post, but maybe someone will read it here who knows.

In game 414869127

The left column are the scoring categories I got from the wiki on BGA (underneath the game)

The points data I got from the Final Scoring box

I don't know how the interface came up with 52 and 40 for the final scores.

scoring Chungle Me
pouch size 7 7
wisdom track (card limit) 7 6
leftover stardust: 1 VP per 3 0 1
marked stars (undisc.): 1 VP per 2 3 4
active const pts 0 1
element sets 3 3
same type sets 11 11
VP boons 7 2
total 38 35

BGA scores 52 40

difference 14 5
theAudsMustBeCrazy

Post by theAudsMustBeCrazy »

theAudsMustBeCrazy wrote: 13 September 2023, 00:49
pouch size 7 7
wisdom track (card limit) 7 6
leftover stardust: 1 VP per 3 0 1
marked stars (undisc.): 1 VP per 2 3 4
active const pts 0 1
element sets 3 3
same type sets 11 11
VP boons 7 2
total 38 35

BGA scores 52 40

difference 14 5
Sorry the formatting is bad.

When I clicked the game in my notifications, I saw there was a scoring synopsis.
The part I don't understand is that Chungle got 21 VP for "in-game points" and yet she only had 7 in "VP boons". So, the other way you can get points in-game is if you have an ability on a constellation you've "discovered" that gives you VP depending on a condition. But none of her constellations give VP. So how did she get the other 14 VPs "in-game"?

Mine, too. I have 2 VP boons in the statistics section, but 7 VP in "in-game points" in the synopsis. I don't know how.

I really like the concept of this game, but wish scoring was more clear.
Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

In-game points is your existing score headed into the final scoring.

Your formatting is unclear. I have no idea what "wisdom track (card limit) 7 6" is supposed to mean. You got 6 points for Wisdom. Where is the 7 coming from? For that matter, what are the different numbers meant to represent? This is even more confusing when you say, "marked stars (undisc.): 1 VP per 2 3 4". 1 VP per 234?

I spent some time looking at your game. It looks fine. If you have a screenshot to share that might help. It'd also help if you looked over the replay. I hope this helps, but it's probably as much time as I'm willing to invest given the lack of clarity.

Return to “Astra”