Literally no point to this forum...

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
RicardoRix

Re: Literally no point to this forum...

Post by RicardoRix »

Volunteers don't work on the BGA site code like tournaments. Volunteers develop games.
T72on1

Post by T72on1 »

Ok, my bad. Still a priority thing then maybe?
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

NCFCRulz wrote: 09 February 2023, 01:27
T72on1 wrote: 07 February 2023, 10:20 I think Tisaac's response still applies. But you choose to neglect that one.
Its been 3 years... My 8yr old son could develop something quicker than that
T72on1 wrote: 09 February 2023, 15:39 Ok, my bad. Still a priority thing then maybe?
It is a priority mater indeed, just like I said in my first answer.
The team has made a lot of change to BGA this last year, whether you like these changes or not, so they didn't have time to work on tournaments probably. Or maybe they are working on that and wont tell anything about that because that's their usual policy : don't pre-sell anything before it's ready.
NCFCRulz

Post by NCFCRulz »

I understand how volunteering works.... The volunteers don't work on the BGA code as previous poster said... They hired someone about 2 years ago (I applied) where the job role was to improve tournaments. I could understand not announcing anything before ready to go but it's just not believable. It's been 3 years and nothing new even in Alpha testing.

The tournament structure could be brilliant, they only care about their arena ladders though
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

NCFCRulz wrote: 10 February 2023, 00:43 I understand how volunteering works.... The volunteers don't work on the BGA code as previous poster said... They hired someone about 2 years ago (I applied) where the job role was to improve tournaments. I could understand not announcing anything before ready to go but it's just not believable. It's been 3 years and nothing new even in Alpha testing.

The tournament structure could be brilliant, they only care about their arena ladders though
The job INITIAL role was about tournament, and the guy they hired did improved a lot tournaments back then. But he is no longer working on that part of the code now.
Godsmurf

Post by Godsmurf »

I've managed a massive site run entirely by volunteers myself (ClanBase), so I know how it goes, but the way BGA neglects its basic functionality is simply ridiculous. All this effort goes into creating more and more new games, but noone can find the time to fix even the most basic issues? Best example: there is no link to the tournament page once you're playing in a tournament, you just see its name without a link and have to go searching for it in the list of tournaments every time you want to see more information. How ridiculous is that? It's literally a matter of inserting an <A HREF=""> tag in the right place, but it just stays like it is forever.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

Godsmurf wrote: 12 March 2023, 11:50 I've managed a massive site run entirely by volunteers myself (ClanBase), so I know how it goes, but the way BGA neglects its basic functionality is simply ridiculous. All this effort goes into creating more and more new games, but noone can find the time to fix even the most basic issues? Best example: there is no link to the tournament page once you're playing in a tournament, you just see its name without a link and have to go searching for it in the list of tournaments every time you want to see more information. How ridiculous is that? It's literally a matter of inserting an <A HREF=""> tag in the right place, but it just stays like it is forever.
Please read my previous answers, bga team is NOT coding any new game and that's been the case for 2 years now.

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”