Unfair points distribution when you switch from Golden to Elite league

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Hagardunor

Unfair points distribution when you switch from Golden to Elite league

Post by Hagardunor »

This message is addressed to the administrators of this site who do a really great job

I'm playing in the arena, and I've noticed a huge disparity in the points you start with in the elite league.

In the current tournament, I started with a little over 1500. I know people who started in other seasons with 1570. At 13 or 15 points a win, that's almost 5 games ahead of me.

When you know that it is already complicated to win 2 games in a row (I have lost many more in a row, and more often), it is an unbeatable advantage and I wonder why such unfair rules are enforced

Thanks
Hagardunor

Re: Unfair points distribution when you switch from Golden to Elite league

Post by Hagardunor »

Hagardunor wrote: 13 March 2023, 18:32
Jellby wrote: 13 March 2023, 11:49 Every player starts the season with 1500 points

Before reaching Elite, you can win or lose points in each match, but these are not displayed. When you reach Elite, your points are displayed, and they'll be higher or lower based on your Arena history during the season.
Thanks, that's much more clear. However I have a few comments on that.

First I believe this should have been disclosed much earlier.

Second, I do not understand the reason why we are note aware of the number of points we get or loose at each step of the season, except when entering the Elite League

Third, why then introducing different leagues if at the end the score would be the same if there was but one League.

In my opinion, all players should start the Elite League with the same ammount of points whatever their performances in the lower Leagues. Most competitions with different Leagues act this way.

There could also be alternatives to the present rules. For example it may be interesting having specific rankings in each League, and decide admission in the upper League under some ranking criteria at the end of each season. Same for downsizing to the lower League. To perform one season, make mandatory that every players play the same number of games (partners and challengers may be randomly chosen to ease ans speedup the season)

Just some thoughts, but I would appreciate comments

Return to “Belote”