People still cheating even on larger board size

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
RobertBr

Re: People still cheating even on larger board size

Post by RobertBr »

Splink77 wrote: 17 January 2023, 20:50 I honestly had no idea people do this. It's sad we can't just have people who play the game normally and work to get the skills to win.
They don't and you don't. This is just one of those nonsensical conspiracy theories that are raised by people of dubious critical abilities, like the claim that all the individual programmers on the site have colluded to deliberately code dice rolls to favour players with premium membership.
Romain672

Post by Romain672 »

RobertBr wrote: 08 March 2023, 20:38
Splink77 wrote: 17 January 2023, 20:50 I honestly had no idea people do this. It's sad we can't just have people who play the game normally and work to get the skills to win.
They don't and you don't. This is just one of those nonsensical conspiracy theories that are raised by people of dubious critical abilities, like the claim that all the individual programmers on the site have colluded to deliberately code dice rolls to favour players with premium membership.
People are cheating in chess.
Why would that be different on Connect Four?
RobertBr

Post by RobertBr »

Romain672 wrote: 08 March 2023, 21:28
RobertBr wrote: 08 March 2023, 20:38
People are cheating in chess.
Why would that be different on Connect Four?
For all of the blindingly obvious reasons apparent to anyone with any knowledge of the subject and any critical sense.
dschingis27

Post by dschingis27 »

RobertBr wrote: 08 March 2023, 22:32 For all of the blindingly obvious reasons apparent to anyone with any knowledge of the subject and any critical sense.
Could you please enlighten us stupid and unwise people without the knowledge and without the critical sense?
aesche

Post by aesche »

I think Robert is just messing up two unrelated things here.

1.The OP likes to make claims about conspiracies, based on no/poor evidence. This post goes along that well.
2. People cheat in abstract games. Which is why their achievements were all disabled, and uncommon modes set for the arena.
Charlieboy80

Post by Charlieboy80 »

Are good skills equal to cheating?

About 15 years ago, I travelled to Thailand - and went out to the bars in Patong Beach - Phuket. It was really fun.

Anyway - (my friend warned me about this, so I was on guard and didn't fall for it)- they have Thai girls that walk around the bar with a connect four game and insist on playing with you. After they give you 2-3 false wins, they say it's time to play for a drink. If you win, they buy you and your friends a drink. If they win, you buy them and their friends each a drink.

They
Always
Win

Then you get to buy them a drink - and magically their drink of choice cost about 5 times more than any other drink at the seedy bar. (I ended up paying £15 for three drinks [this was 2007]- could have been way worse!)

Did they cheat? No. They were damn smart! Maybe they're practicing on BGA.
SluggerBaloney

Post by SluggerBaloney »

Deleted
Last edited by SluggerBaloney on 12 January 2024, 16:29, edited 1 time in total.
SluggerBaloney

Post by SluggerBaloney »

Deleted
Last edited by SluggerBaloney on 12 January 2024, 16:29, edited 1 time in total.
Ceaseless

Post by Ceaseless »

aesche wrote: 10 March 2023, 10:02 The OP likes to make claims about conspiracies, based on no/poor evidence. This post goes along that well.
Yeah, I've started to notice this issue. These kinds of threads can be annoying, because while they flash nonsense at us it distracts us from actual issues. The OP posts what looks to just be poorly played games and doesn't even bother showing us the move order. It would have been so easy to just post the game on the solver, but the OP doesn't even do that much.
Ceaseless

Post by Ceaseless »

Hagardunor wrote: 08 March 2023, 19:22 Thanks for the information

From now on i will only play with gamers I know well
From the looks of things, the OP was just making things up. The cheating I have nailed people on for on this site has so far been boosting, when they play against themselves on their own account or face a friend to rack up points, but you won't have to worry about facing them, since that doesn't give them any help when they face a different person.

Return to “Connect Four”