Elo based on last episode?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
druzil

Elo based on last episode?

Post by druzil »

It appears the elo results are calculated for the last episode played in a campaign.

I was just playing a three-player game in which I was ahead on progress points, but because one (? - can't tell) of the players didn't continue the campaign the elo was calculated on the results of the last episode (in which I came last).

This seems pretty unfair. A sore loser can just win one episode and then quit and ends up getting all the elo.
cybrweez

Re: Elo based on last episode?

Post by cybrweez »

Feel like if its a campaign game, shouldn't even account for ELO. Or have 2 separate ELOs if possible. I mean, in campaign, all 24 episodes are considered 1 game, just makes ELO concept weird.
druzil

Post by druzil »

Either have the whole campaign count towards elo - or each episode count towards elo. Either is an improvement over last episode counts for elo.
Borumjvh

Post by Borumjvh »

Found this out yesterday the hard way as well.
Played 5 round, won 4 and lost the last one. Then we decided to take a break and continue later. And now my wife got the win for the whole sessions while she was 4-1 down. Should be fixed, as the way it is now is just plain wrong.

Return to “My City”