Why didn't I get one additional guess after someone guessed correctly?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
-Lieven-

Why didn't I get one additional guess after someone guessed correctly?

Post by -Lieven- »

Hi,

I was playing 4 player break the code just now and someone (Ant50) guessed correctly, while 2 other already guessed wrong.
I was assuming I would get one additional guess, to also guess it right (and I would have guessed it right, but couldn't because I didn't got one)

When I asked about that on the table I was playing, it was said my opponent who guessed it correctly was the last player in the last round, and therefore I didn't get another guess.

But that seems unfair to me, because the question I asked revealed new information (both to me and my opponent). I of course could have asked a question that didn't reveal new information, but that would be silly, since then my opponent could also ask a question that doesn't reveal new information and the game would continue on and on, with neither of us being able to guess correctly.

Is this normal behaviour, or do you think I shoud report a bug?

Table #357394426
KaasChuig

Re: Why didn't I get one additional guess after someone guessed correctly?

Post by KaasChuig »

Curse of First... each player gets an equal number of turns, which means the last player will have the most information and can potentially win on the first round... on the other hand if the first player guesses correctly than everybody will know they possibly have enough information and thus can potentially aim for a tie. (On a four player game... on a three player game not all players have the same information, but Curse of First still applies)

Return to “Break the Code”