Endgame scoring summary

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Rukus McUallas

Endgame scoring summary

Post by Rukus McUallas »

The endgame scoring is a little awkward. I get the information about the last harvest and the flowers, but what does the total farming tell me? Nice to have, but not the most important part. What the scoring lacks is the information about honey players had before final scoring and especially the final score itself. While the different types of trees are nice to have, this is confusing, because it kinda mixes things up.

The total score consists of:

+ staring honey
- tiles bought
+ flipped tiles (potentially)
+ money gained from tile placement
+ all the mini harvests during the game
+ end of round flowers
= "honey before endgame scoring"

+ endgame harvest (doubled)
+ endgame flowers
+ variety bonus
= "total honey"

I wouldn't need all those scoring elements, but the highlighted ones should be there. And maybe add the starting honey for reference.
vurtan

Re: Endgame scoring summary

Post by vurtan »

Since your post we added the final scoring sheet.
There you find the detailed informatoin how the final score is calculated.
michaelHastriter

Post by michaelHastriter »

great addition. This is a great implementation of an amazing game! If BGA had a ranking system this would be my #1 uwe game on here and in my top 10 bga games overall!
andesimo

Post by andesimo »

We are still confused with end the scoring at end and personally I think there is a glitch on bga or I'm misunderstanding the scoring.

The third row up from the bottom states " 4/5/6/7 with a white apple and then honey scoring at 4,11,21 and 35 points"

So I thought that meant either (if you had a group of 4 apples you would get 4 points, if you had a group of 4 and a group of 5 apples you would get 11 points, group of 4/5/6 21 points and if you got a group of 4/5/6/7 a apples you would get 35 points) or you would get that amount of points per group of 4/5/6/7 apples of any colour.

But tonight I had a group of 4, group of 5 and group of 6 but only got 11 points, not
21 or 4+11+21=35

Jacob had two groups of 5 and a group of 7 and still got 11 not 11+11+25.

And Steven had two groups of 6 but only got 4 points not 21+21=42

Can anyone help please?
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

It's not by groups, but by number of varieties scored in the final round. If you manage to score all 7 varieties (even if it's just 1 point each, well, 2 because it's doubled), you get 35 points. And it's not cumulative, so for 7 varieties you only get 35, not 35 plus 21 for 6 plus 11 for 5 plus 4 for 4.
DashingDonnie

Post by DashingDonnie »

andesimo wrote: 12 June 2023, 22:41 We are still confused with end the scoring at end and personally I think there is a glitch on bga or I'm misunderstanding the scoring.

The third row up from the bottom states " 4/5/6/7 with a white apple and then honey scoring at 4,11,21 and 35 points"

So I thought that meant either (if you had a group of 4 apples you would get 4 points, if you had a group of 4 and a group of 5 apples you would get 11 points, group of 4/5/6 21 points and if you got a group of 4/5/6/7 a apples you would get 35 points) or you would get that amount of points per group of 4/5/6/7 apples of any colour.

But tonight I had a group of 4, group of 5 and group of 6 but only got 11 points, not
21 or 4+11+21=35

Jacob had two groups of 5 and a group of 7 and still got 11 not 11+11+25.

And Steven had two groups of 6 but only got 4 points not 21+21=42

Can anyone help please?
It is for each group of four apples per variety. So if you are missing the a minimum of four red but have the pinks, gold, brown, orange, green stamps and green leafs you would have six groups for 21. If you had the reds too, the. You would have 7 for 35,

Return to “Applejack”