Rules question with Nisaba and Agora

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
redshift____

Rules question with Nisaba and Agora

Post by redshift____ »

My opponent had Nisaba copying one of my science cards (the feather, but it doesn't matter which). He didn't have his own copy of the card. Later, he activated the conspiracy which swaps blue or green cards with your opponent. He took the science card which had Nisaba on it and swapped it for some other irrelevant card. I assume he was hoping that this would give him 2 of the same science symbol: the card itself, and Nisaba targeting it. However, the game ruled otherwise: the Nisaba image fell off when he took the science card, leaving him without a match. Is this correct?

From the wording on Nisaba, it's a little unclear. It does say that you put it on an "Opponent's card" but that doesn't have to mean that the opponent needs to continue to control the card for Nisaba to have its effect. Nisaba says that "Nisaba" becomes the symbol on the opponent's card, possibly implying that the little token on opponent's card is just to remember what symbol it was, and that once you play Nisaba it no longer matters where the original card is. In our case, perhaps Nisaba, upon playing, becomes a feather symbol for the remainder of the game.
silentProtest

Re: Rules question with Nisaba and Agora

Post by silentProtest »

Cool question - I knew how it works here (Nisaba token disappears if the science card becomes yours), but based on the rules (of the Eng version we got as a pdf on BGA) it is unclear.

Text:
"Nisaba
Place the Snake token on an opponent’s green card.
Nisaba is worth the scientific symbol shown on the card."
--- next to a picture of the Nisaba token (which imo suggests the token holds the copied symbol and not the card of Nisaba)

It is unclear because it specifies the placement condition, and not the need of this continued condition. Nothing in the FAQ of the rules booklet either.

But based on what we have, I would think that it's coded/interpreted correctly. (Also it gives more/deeper options to counter science)
(more reasons why I think so: no rulesfor selfcopies, no rules for 3 same symbols)

PS: nvm all that - official ruling: "With the Coercion Conspiracy, what happens if I take the Green card that has the Snake token (Nisaba Divinity)?
If you take the Green card that has the Snake token on it, the token is discarded and nothing happens." (https://www.rprod.com/en/7-wonders-duel/faq)
silentProtest

Re: Rules question with Nisaba and Agora

Post by silentProtest »

Also one more fun fact:
With the Coercion Conspiracy, what happens if each player ends up with 6 different scientific symbols after exchanging Green cards?
In this case, the game would end in a tie.

Return to “7 Wonders Duel”