This game needs a simultaneous version (and suggestions for such a version)

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Phoxtrot

This game needs a simultaneous version (and suggestions for such a version)

Post by Phoxtrot »

I think the current rules are a bit insane: a 12 players roll and write game that is *fully sequential* ???

There are various ways to solve this, the simplest for an online game is along these lines:
- *Each* player rolls N dice, pick one to make his play then pass the others to the player on his left
- Once all the dice have been used, roll again
- If a player cannot do anything on his turn, he is eliminated
- If K players are eliminated in a particular turn, then on the next turn,
-- all players must remove K dice from the dice they received before making their pick (if there are only K dice left, then they are all removed and we roll again)
-- or, (choice of rules), you simply continue without removing dice

It has to be decided whether you can see the dice in the other sets or not. Being able to see them could make the game more strategic but also a lot slower so I would probably keep them secret. Or more precisely, I would secret the content of the dice sets that you have not seen yet (as you can reconstruct what remains in the sets of dice that you have already seen by going through the log).

To stay closest to the rules as they are now, N would be the number of players +1 but I think that is actually not ideal and I believe that it would be better to set N to a maximum of 6. This could also be a game option.

As the rules are now, I don't really see myself playing this game in turn-based mode which is a shame as roll and write games are usually very well suited to turn-based mode.
PrinceParsnips

Re: This game needs a simultaneous version (and suggestions for such a version)

Post by PrinceParsnips »

Thank you for the suggestion, we've no implemented a quick mode option that is available when setting up the table. In this mode every player will roll 6 dice per round, drafting one and passing the rest. Once all dice have been used a new round starts, the game will play over 7 rounds so you also now have a finite limit to the number of dice you can play.

Hope you all enjoy the new game mode! :D

Return to “Diceathlon”