RAUHA: Make Rauha shine again!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
Duggo42

Re: RAUHA: Make Rauha shine again!

Post by Duggo42 »

CapAp wrote: 14 March 2023, 01:42 I think it's worth noting that in the warped minds of these people, it's "a few" members disagreeing with them, but if you look at the whole thread, there are only about 4-5 people upset that the community didn't appreciate the phrase. They just keep posting over and over and over again. Meanwhile, 95% of the reactions are agreeing that the statement was unwelcome.

And yet MrTici honestly sees his position as the "normal" position, and the 95% who disagree with him are "a few hyper sensitive members" in his mind. Reality is a difficult battle for these poor folks.
This is a short thread, it's not hard to check these claims. A quick review tallies 19 people that wanted it removed because they claim it's a bigoted phrase or is otherwise distasteful, 2 wanted it changed because they don't want to see politics mentioned in any form, 9 posts were unrelated to the title or simply wanted more information on what the hubbub was about, and 14 individuals offered some kind of push back against the cancel squad.
So, please check my numbers as I could still be suffering from the time change, but it looks like 48% of people making at least one post voiced approval for a title change (or 43% if you're counting just those who think they hear a "dog whistle") and 32% of the posters think the 43% are being silly.

Even discounting the posts unrelated to the title change, it still looks to be about a 60/40 split, not really near the 95% consensus you claim. Worth noting, I suppose, but not really surprising hyperbole coming from the type of person who projects racism on those he or she disagrees with.
Crystal1501

Post by Crystal1501 »

Duggo42 wrote: 14 March 2023, 21:12
CapAp wrote: 14 March 2023, 01:42 I think it's worth noting that in the warped minds of these people, it's "a few" members disagreeing with them, but if you look at the whole thread, there are only about 4-5 people upset that the community didn't appreciate the phrase. They just keep posting over and over and over again. Meanwhile, 95% of the reactions are agreeing that the statement was unwelcome.

And yet MrTici honestly sees his position as the "normal" position, and the 95% who disagree with him are "a few hyper sensitive members" in his mind. Reality is a difficult battle for these poor folks.
This is a short thread, it's not hard to check these claims. A quick review tallies 19 people that wanted it removed because they claim it's a bigoted phrase or is otherwise distasteful, 2 wanted it changed because they don't want to see politics mentioned in any form, 9 posts were unrelated to the title or simply wanted more information on what the hubbub was about, and 14 individuals offered some kind of push back against the cancel squad.
So, please check my numbers as I could still be suffering from the time change, but it looks like 48% of people making at least one post voiced approval for a title change (or 43% if you're counting just those who think they hear a "dog whistle") and 32% of the posters think the 43% are being silly.

Even discounting the posts unrelated to the title change, it still looks to be about a 60/40 split, not really near the 95% consensus you claim. Worth noting, I suppose, but not really surprising hyperbole coming from the type of person who projects racism on those he or she disagrees with.
May I also point out that saying it's a 'bigoted' phrase indicates it's a political phrase, when, as I said, it's been used well BEFORE Trump went into power? Pokepark Wii, which came out in 2010, has an electabuzz say 'make pokepark great again'. Is Pokemon a trump-supporting company now? If not, then the phrase itself isn't political.
MrTici

Post by MrTici »

You’re wasting your time with these people..just move on.
CapAp

Post by CapAp »

Case in point. The three commenters on this page are 3 of the 4 people who have complained, and simply can't admit to themselves and each other that they're in the minority. As a certain divisive figure might say: "Sad!"
Duggo42

Post by Duggo42 »

CapAp wrote: 19 March 2023, 04:41 *
Noted.

*Moderator edit: misquoting others in the Forums is a serious offence. You have been moderated. Please use the quote function to quote what players actually say for clarity, not to then edit their text into something you write. Insults are not permitted anywhere on BGA. Please be respectful, even when discussing topics where opinions vary.

*My edit: Obviously not that serious of an offence when no action has been taken on the post misquoting me below (a week after it has been reported and counting.)
Last edited by Duggo42 on 13 April 2023, 13:10, edited 5 times in total.
KlovisPoints

Re: RAUHA: Make Rauha great again!

Post by KlovisPoints »

Nicholas_M wrote: 01 March 2023, 16:15
Rem Speedwagon wrote: 01 March 2023, 14:10 Game looks great, but not a fan of using a political dogwhistle for the article title....
I agree - that phrase is still very closely linked to hate speech in the United States. I imagine it was meant in a playful way, but for many audiences I think it will come across as a bit of an insensitive reference to some very recent, very painful world events
Neither one of you can be serious? That phrase is hate speech? insensitive? are you freaking serious?

You both need to grow up and move on with your lives if "make Rauha great again" upsets you. there are for worse things going on right now than the article title of a game on BGA.
CapAp

Post by CapAp »

Duggo42 wrote: 20 March 2023, 23:54 I don't have any actual points to make and the fact are not on my side, so I misquote other users to make personal attacks instead! Interestingly, this is behavior that the orange chimpanzee I voted for exhibits, which is why I love him and have a tantrum any time people make me feel bad about being this kind of person.
Glad to hear you get it now!
Duggo42

Post by Duggo42 »

CapAp wrote: 04 April 2023, 21:20
Duggo42 wrote: 20 March 2023, 23:54 I don't have any actual points to make and the fact are not on my side, so I misquote other users to make personal attacks instead! Interestingly, this is behavior that the orange chimpanzee I voted for exhibits, which is why I love him and have a tantrum any time people make me feel bad about being this kind of person.
Glad to hear you get it now!
:roll: Wew, lad, and you're going to deny you have a warped world view? Y'know, you might not get so wound up if you approached these conversations with honesty and in good faith.

Btw, according to one mod, it's a "serious offence" to misquote others, so you might want to edit your post. ;)

Return to “Official announcements [en]”