oasis recofery not working as I would expect

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
cycloon

oasis recofery not working as I would expect

Post by cycloon »

Hallo,

In my last game there was a oasis recovery in place. I had an infantry with only one unit left that I ordered in to the oasis, Then the game rolls the dices, in that I had a result of 3 infantry and a star. And instead of getting new infantry I lost this last one also, and that was the last medal the other player needed, and so the game was over.
What are the exact rules for this? How can I loose a unit in this way?

Thanks for the info. Was my first time with the option.

Cycloon
Duncan TMS

Re: oasis recofery not working as I would expect

Post by Duncan TMS »

Hello,
To activate healing in the oasis, an enemy unit must not be adjacent to yours.
Jeronimon

Post by Jeronimon »

And you should be in the oasis at the beginning of the turn. Not moving in.

cycloon

Post by cycloon »

There was no other unit in close to my unit. Not even that close that they could be attacked. So that was not the problem.
However, that last option. I was moving in. So then my turn ended. And the other player had probably a card to attack a single unit with 4 dice. And that was on this unit. So I thought it was a healing action, but I now think it was already the turn of my opponent.

So that explains it. Thanks for the reactions.
patsyish

Post by patsyish »

I would expect that the healing happens in the command phase, not in the moving phase. In one tounament 4 different player asked me how it functions, so I am no the only one not knowing that, but by unsuccesful trial of healing.
Siu! :)
jeroenh

Post by jeroenh »

cycloon wrote: 23 March 2023, 08:49 There was no other unit in close to my unit. Not even that close that they could be attacked. So that was not the problem.
However, that last option. I was moving in. So then my turn ended. And the other player had probably a card to attack a single unit with 4 dice. And that was on this unit. So I thought it was a healing action, but I now think it was already the turn of my opponent.

So that explains it. Thanks for the reactions.
That sounds like your opponent played Barrage to prevent you from healing on the next turn.

For next time, it's helpful to post a link to the game (even better directly to the turn) when you have a question about a situation. That makes it easier to explain what is going on.

Return to “Memoir 44”