last card incantation

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Fib0

last card incantation

Post by Fib0 »

All my cards where on the battle field, but one incantation, I played it and lost instantly, is it normal? shouldn't the incantation resolve before I take damage?
yaya17

Re: last card incantation

Post by yaya17 »

The official rules are unclear about this.

But this behavior is intended by the developper of the game on BGA because it is in the last patch notes.

For reference, here it is:

33 days ago
Clashofdecks players:
Hi Clashers!

Here comes your recent fixes, hot from the oven. They have been carefully crafted to ensure we stick to the board game rules as close as possible!

- Fix: You must have at least 1 mana to cast a Price of Blood card (Have to spill a little first)
- Fix: Playing a 0 cost card after price of blood should not cost any life (The Rapscallion was already a turncoat, no need to bleed us too!)
- Feature: starting player is now randomized once the draft phase ends, to follow the board game rules (Drafting phase should be a new type of mind games)
- Feature/Fix: Incantation now actually leaves hand when played (You will go Boom! when playing your ultimate card)
- Fix: Sharpening damage to Bastion/Fort is no longer influenced by Vulnerability (looking at you, Abyssal Whisperer)
- Fix: Refresh Auras after sprint (So you no longer benefit from aura before the sprint, but benefit from the aura of the new position)
- Fix: Price of blood no longer heals (The Shaman was more Naughty than Corrupted)
- Fix: Tribe Leader attack from 2 to 3 (Should lead the tribe better now!)

Please raise a ticket should you find a bug, and do not hesitate to reach out on Discord should you have any questions: https://discord.gg/uPfRNwYZ

Play well (unless you meet me),
Rampoulin / NotRampoulin / ProbablyNotRampoulin / Cadrach
Last edited by yaya17 on 23 March 2023, 22:01, edited 1 time in total.
Fib0

Post by Fib0 »

Thx for your quick answer.

yes I think official rules could be more detailed in some cases.

I got a physical copy and tried playing it here first, I would never have played like that home. That loss was very frustating, I could have my cards in a different order and would have easily won.

But I understand that rule might make sense in some situations.
NotRampoulin

Post by NotRampoulin »

A bit late to the party but I can confirm that this is the rule. When you play an incantation it leaves your hand, and when the fort is the last card you lose. The behavior were you could play it was actually a bug, and it can now become a strategy to "lock" a spamable incantation as the last card so that it cannot be played.

Return to “Clash of Decks”