Please Improve Statistics

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
dansimon44

Please Improve Statistics

Post by dansimon44 »

I am a statistics junkie and avid boardgamer so it didn’t take much convincing for me to go premium. But I am rather underwhelmed with the statistics functionality offered here.
For the most part I find that the stats that are tracked are trivial and don’t add to my ability to really track or improve my progress in a game. Rank Evolution is probably the best of the lot but far more interesting would be to know things like win-2nd-3rd etc records by percentile and especially historic high-low-mean-median-mode final scores. True, final scores are unimportant for many games but I would love to be able to see/filter/sort graphs and scatter plots. I know the data is there because you can (or until recently were able to) go back and see the results of every game ever (and maybe logs?) Considering the geniuses who program this site they could surely come up with some great visual representations of data and put it at our fingertips. Now THAT would be worth paying for.
I have and others have entered various specific feature requests of this nature through the bug reporting system to positive support from the BGA community but they’ve gotten nowhere. I think what I’m really asking for is when you plot out your schedule of site enhancements you put some thinking into how to improve statistics. Letting premium users be able to generate ad hoc reports on their historical data would be a fabulotastic enhancement to this great site. Thank you for your consideration.

Return to “Discussions”