Quit results

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Pumpakärnor

Quit results

Post by Pumpakärnor »

How can I quit/avoid seeing the results after the game has finished, when you play on your mobile phone?
Really hate seeing some bad results and even if I hurry away from the game, the results will show up in my face the next time I go to bga
Blacktango

Re: Quit results

Post by Blacktango »

Nothing you can do here. The page you are on contains the id of the table in its address. So if you reload the page you are still there.

What you can do: win perfect game then you will see a good result! :lol:
Pumpakärnor

Post by Pumpakärnor »

:D
GeraldineMerida

Post by GeraldineMerida »

If the results are bad, you probably know 1 turn before that you are losing, so you COULD concede and there will be no point breakdown. But be aware you will annoy a lot of people this way.
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

You can only concede 2-player games, though.
Nullzone

Post by Nullzone »

Jellby wrote: 26 March 2023, 08:34 You can only concede 2-player games, though.
Which is absurd, frankly; nobody should be forced to complete a game they aren't having fun with.

The immediate argument to the contrary of course is that this creates a poor experience for the other people at the table; what if they are having fun? My answer to that is that they can certainly start a new table with just the three of them if the game terminates immediately in a three-way win after the concession. If that isn't to taste, then instead I would propose that virtually every board game has a "simple" action that can be taken in the absence of more strategic efforts; a conceding player could be flagged to force such an action automatically by the game engine for the remainder of play.

This doesn't work for every game, but it covers a large quantity.
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

Nullzone wrote: 26 March 2023, 16:32 Which is absurd, frankly; nobody should be forced to complete a game they aren't having fun with.
Nobody is forcing anyone (you can quit and take the penalty), but when you start a game you are committing to playing it to the end, whether or not you have fun. If you're not sure you'll finish a game (because you may have to leave, or because you may not like it), play in training mode.
Stuff by Bez

Post by Stuff by Bez »

I agree - just like 'out of time' players can be forced to either take a random move or pass, a player who has conceded in 3p+ should just pass or take random moves.

However, because this can be disruptive to a game with 3p or more, I would suggest a small karma penalty. Maybe 5.

Return to “Discussions”