What happens if I can't play any of my cards?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
LanceH

What happens if I can't play any of my cards?

Post by LanceH »

Let's say I have all of my units on the right side of the map. All of my cards are for the left and center sections.

What happens?
junior72

Re: What happens if I can't play any of my cards?

Post by junior72 »

You have to play one card. So you play 1 card in the left or center section.
And you don't activate any unit (you can't...). You confirm "any activated units" for this turn. No activated units, no fight.
So, your card is discarded, and you draw a new card.

So you lose a turn to "change" 1 card.
DDB73

Post by DDB73 »

A tip : if possible, play a recon 1 card so you may choose between 2 cards at the end of your turn. Gives you a better chanche to pick a usable card.
Greesy monkey

Post by Greesy monkey »

Thats why you play the losing (lose a turn) cards before you are forced to play your one and only good card. Being aware of this and not letting it catch you by surprise. Such as saving your artillery card (when you have no artillery) for such a moment as this...same with infantry assault, Armor overruns etc. Always save at least one good card while discarding your losing cards first. That way when your opponent see's you are missing so many turns, he might make a bold move, thinking you are out of cards. Or you could just play your last playable card and then use the - all left flank - as an excuse on why you suffered such a humiliating defeat. It sometimes sucks when you start the game with all good cards, I mean you have the best hand possible - but you are stuck because you can't engage the enemy. I don't know how many times, after the game, my opponent says "No cards," or "all left flank,' then I review the game and find out they were lying. Why? Because they would rather blame it on bad luck rather than...
diamant

Post by diamant »

LanceH wrote: 28 March 2023, 17:02 Let's say I have all of my units on the right side of the map. All of my cards are for the left and center sections.

What happens?
What do you think should happen?

Memory 44 rules apply, regardless of the cards you have in hand and the position of your units on the board.
It is up to each player to manage his command cards so as not to have to play any card without effect during his turn.

If your opponent destroys your units while you do nothing on your side, he will probably end up winning the game: it is in the scheme of things.
Greesy monkey

Post by Greesy monkey »

This might be a good time to show your opponent a text card, or maybe your one and only good card (provided it is one of the better cards)?

In otherwards; Junk in hand, you have one of the better cards. You place it down then pick it up and replace it with a junk card...It might keep your opponent off your back, [him] thinking you're trying to set him up, or it might just frighten him enough to be a bit more cautious.

Sometimes nothin can be a pretty cool hand.

Return to “Memoir 44”