Reports/Red Thumb reviews

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
ChuckG68

Reports/Red Thumb reviews

Post by ChuckG68 »

You guys really need to take the time to investigate those before hindering a paying players ability to play games (arena etc).

* who essentially cheated during the game talking to 1 other player about what they need and the 2 working together against the other player, should not have yall taking rep away from that 3rd player when they call the other 2 cheaters..........because that's exactly what they did and are. No foul language, no rudeness, just facts.

You should also disable private chat for players who are in a game together, regardless if they're on the same side or not(if game is a team game), as there is without a doubt cheating occurring that way as well.

*moderator edit: insult has been removed and player is being moderated for violating the Forum Rules:
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Kaladry

Re: Reports/Red Thumb reviews

Post by Kaladry »

I understand your side, I’ve been there too. Unfortunately BGA considers this an insult because what if they’re not actually cheating?
ChuckG68

Post by ChuckG68 »

discussing in open chat what they need in order to beat the 3rd player, is cheating. The game(s) are not designed like that, if there are trade features for a game then this is how you communicate what you want/need and if other players cannot or will not trade then that's that.

example: catan allows for trading between players, so using that feature is your form of communication. On table top you'd say "I would like a wheat if anyone is willing to trade, I can offer ore or wood" etc. You don't collude with another player saying "I need wood in order to block player A, so that we can beat them". That is essentially what occurred so they were called cheaters as that is what their actions defined them as. They have a right to red thumb me if they choose, but BGA should then review the game/chat OR if they don't do that then minimize the penalty to a member.

What's worse in this case is the cheaters, not the person vocalizing that they are.
sesc

Post by sesc »

Well, when I play some game with my friends at the table, sometimes it happens that someone says something along the line of "Player X is in the lead, let's stop him/her". In Catan this could e.g. go into "We have to get the longest road from him, trade me one wood and I can get it from him.". Most likely in the endgame.

Not to make Player B the winner by gaining the longest road bonus, but to prolong the game so everyone can catch up.

Of course, in a group of all friends, the situation is a bit different from a game with random people from the internet. And especially, if two players play together because they might know each other and hinder the 3rd player, this would not be ok.
Kaladry

Post by Kaladry »

Your best option is to not comment in the chat and to report the players after the game where you can highlight where in the chat they were breaking a rule.

I’ve learned from experience not to call them out in the chat.

Return to “Discussions”