How does one start a Solo game?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
asp3

How does one start a Solo game?

Post by asp3 »

I tried to set up a solo game but when I click on the Start button nothing happens. I'd like to set up a turn based solo game so that I can return to it at my leisure to learn it. It seems like an interesting game but I don't want to devote a solid block of time to complete a solo game.

I haven't played a solo game of anything on BGA so it might be my ignorance about solo games in general. If so I apologize for clogging up the Earth forum.
notyetsuperman

Re: How does one start a Solo game?

Post by notyetsuperman »

Agreed.
cigma

Post by cigma »

There is actually a bug for starting solo games, but also a WORKAROUND:
It seems, solo games are still working in the old lobby.

Go to "Play now", then change from "Automatic" to "Manual" on the top of the page if necessary. When you create the table, first switch from "normal mode" to "training mode". Then reduce the player number to 1.
#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)
Swint

Post by Swint »

The easiest way I think is to go to the game page https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=earth and then select Solo from the player count menu dropdown. Then make sure you've select a Turn-based game and then click Start Now.
bennygui

Post by bennygui »

The game is Premium, make sure you are a Premium member too!
asp3

Post by asp3 »

Folks, thank you for the suggestions. I'll give them a try tomorrow or this weekend.

Return to “Earth”