Safari Push Notifications

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
JAWB25

Re: Safari Push Notifications

Post by JAWB25 »

I'll just post a final confirmation that with one of my currently running games I did get a notification through Safari, so it's all working as expected (for me at least)!
n3wbSparta

Post by n3wbSparta »

If you use an Outlook email account on your iPhone, and then connect your BGA account to that email address, you can use Push Notifications via the native Mail app on iPhones to alert you when it's your turn. It doesn't work with Gmail addresses, only Outlook (aka - Hotmail).
drewfrank

Post by drewfrank »

Looks like iOS will support push notifications for web apps very soon (if you add the web app to the home screen).
CelestialMonkey

Post by CelestialMonkey »

iOS 16.4 (released 3/28) added support for push notifications for apps on the Home Screen. I can’t get it to work on my phone, so I’m not sure if something needs to be done on the site to get this working.
CelestialMonkey

Post by CelestialMonkey »

I did get it to work! I had to put the app on my home screen and change my preferences in BGA, but I sent a test that worked and later got a notification when it was my turn.
nuttyturnip

Post by nuttyturnip »

It only kind of works for me. I get a push notification, but it doesn’t do the badge notification. Clicking on the notification takes me to the web app, but the web app doesn’t refresh, so I’m looking at my list of games but no indication of which game I have a turn in. When I check my BGA tab in Safari, I can just refresh the page to get the button for games where it’s my turn, but the web app doesn’t have a refresh button. The only workaround I see is to click on a game in the list, and then click the “next table” button.

Return to “Suggestions”