Chronobot?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
gwgardner

Chronobot?

Post by gwgardner »

There is a solo option for playing this game on BGA, but whether the Chronobot orChronossus is implemented is not mentioned. Anyone know what the solo mode is like on BGA?

I'm just reading the rules now, haven't actually played the game.
Nyom7

Re: Chronobot?

Post by Nyom7 »

There is no chronobot. This is not a solo mode. It is basically you just playing the game on your own. Unless you’re wanting to use it to get familiar with the interface or the game mechanisms it is absolutely not worth it.
sara1500

Post by sara1500 »

When the chronobot?
mirion123

Post by mirion123 »

Why not chronobot?
ljedi78

Post by ljedi78 »

I was very excited to this brilliant euro being included to the BGA collection, but i was sad to realized that the chronobot has not been adapted. It is one of the best automa/bot ever created for a bgame in my opinion, giving the challenge of a real human opponent. I hope this issue is rectified in the near future.
chrisr1

Post by chrisr1 »

Just played a whole game just to find out that there is no solo mechanic at all. Thought this might be a diffrent adaption than the AI(s) included, but no, I played randomly for almost an hour haha.. hope there will be an implementation soon.
ColinONE

Post by ColinONE »

The normal mode is competitive play with one car on the track per player. You win this by being the first to cross the finish line.

Solo mode can be reached with the following settings:
SIMPLE GAME
REAL-TIME
MANUAL

1) Select Rallyman:GT
2) Click Create to create a table
3) Set Game mode - Training mode
4) Set Number of players = One
5) Set the other settings as desired.
6) Click Start to begin a solo game (like a one-car time trial)

Solo mode is scored differently than competitive play.
Each turn your final gear (1-6) is scored for time.
Ending in a lower gear scores more time, resulting in a worse, slower overall time.
At the end of the race, each unused focus token subtracts 1 second to improve the overall time.

At the end of the race you will be told what your final time/score was.
And you will be invited to compare your final time to the best 20 times for that car/track/laps/weather combo.
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

Are you sure you posted that in the right forum? :D
emceeharris

Post by emceeharris »

Based on this comment thread there is definitely an appetite for implementing the Chronobot. Can anyone provide an update on whether us Anachrony fans can expect one on BGA? Do the developers frequent these comment threads?
Speusippus

Post by Speusippus »

Is this still current? Am I understanding right that the game implementation on BGA has a 1-player mode, but that 1-player mode is NOT actually the solo game? That's really weird if so. I wonder if some wires got crossed in communication between the devs or something. I can't think of why they would implement "one player" without implementing one player.

Return to “Anachrony”