Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
pjt33

Re: allow solo games in multiplayer games to learn mechanics

Post by pjt33 »

Jellby wrote: 31 March 2023, 17:45
pjt33 wrote: 31 March 2023, 14:28 Doesn't hotseat just allow two people to play from the same IP address? So it's not really "Me vs me", it's "Me vs a sockpuppet".
It depends on what you mean with "me vs. me". As far as the game is concerned, it's a two (or more) player game, but you (can) control both players, so you can call it "me vs. me". If you mean it as "me vs. me in previous games", or "me vs. my own limitations", then no, it's not.
What I mean by "Me vs me" is "I only need one account to control both notional players". This is why I contrasted it with "Me vs a sockpuppet" - another account created deliberately to be separate from my "real" / main account.
Boomai

Post by Boomai »

Having "Me Vs me" as a learning option would greatly benefit the community
I would suggest making it a staple option under "learn" and, for non premium games at least, available for free.
cigma

Post by cigma »

Foxxclaw wrote: 31 March 2023, 04:56 I would appreciate this, too. I'm fairly new to BGA, prefer medium- to heavyweight games, don't have a circle of friends here to try out new games slowly with, and hate to feel like I'm holding up a game with a group of strangers while I figure out a possibly complicated interface for the first time.
You can also play games in turn-based mode against other players, then you have for a lot of time to try out new games slowly.
#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)

Return to “Discussions”