this game is super rigged

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Jellby

Re: this game is super rigged

Post by Jellby »

Tisaac wrote: 01 April 2023, 08:15 And again your allegations make no sense : how can the site always "make your opponent win" since you are also the opponent of your opponent ??
Who guarantees that your opponent is seeing the same table as you? Maybe in "their" version of the table they also lose. Maybe there's a private database for each player where every game appears as a loss :D In that case, "my" database is buggy: 1 game, 1 victory.
RiggerRabbit

Post by RiggerRabbit »

This site has been terrible the past few days. Something is amiss and it's not a surprise that a developer is trying to defend it.
RiggerRabbit

Post by RiggerRabbit »

I'm sorry but this site is complete garbage at this point. Of course it's rigged and they want to keep it a secret. Game after game of being given a handicap against me because I'm playing a newer player and it doesn't want to turn them off from playing the game in case they lose. So it just gifts them perfect rolls in order to force them to win. No one should be surprised that this site will cheat for other players. This site lacks skill based matchmaking.
Remkar

Post by Remkar »

RiggerRabbit wrote: 03 April 2023, 14:31 I'm sorry but this site is complete garbage at this point. Of course it's rigged and they want to keep it a secret. Game after game of being given a handicap against me because I'm playing a newer player and it doesn't want to turn them off from playing the game in case they lose. So it just gifts them perfect rolls in order to force them to win. No one should be surprised that this site will cheat for other players. This site lacks skill based matchmaking.
Sorry, but if you're that convinced, maybe just leave?

There are plenty of us here that are mathematicians, statisticians, programmers, psychologists, etc., and we've checked things and given plenty of explanations about how these programs work, talked about and analyzed the statistics themselves, and tried to explain how the human mind does not understanding randomness.

Feel free to ignore all of us and take your gaming elsewhere if that suits you best. Either way, I hope you find a place to play and feel less frustrated.
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

Or close your account and create a new one every week to enjoy the "cheating" :roll:
RiggerRabbit

Post by RiggerRabbit »

Again I was forced to lose because it made me play a new player and WOW!!!!! What do you know?! IT GIFTED THEM ANOTHER YAHTZEE FOR NO OTHER REASON BUT BECAUSE IT WAS THEIR FIRST GAME! And it does this because it is trying to encourage them to keep playing and god forbid they lose and maybe stop. Oh no! We wouldn't want the game to be fair now would we?
RiggerRabbit

Post by RiggerRabbit »

GAME JUST GAVE MY OPPONENT TWO YAHTZEE IN A ROW......What a complete joke of a website.
Waikirikiri

Post by Waikirikiri »

RiggerRabbit wrote: 04 April 2023, 06:13 GAME JUST GAVE MY OPPONENT TWO YAHTZEE IN A ROW......What a complete joke of a website.
Calm down.

Do you actually understand the laws of probability?
These underpin how Yahtzee works and how it is played.

It is unlikely that someone will roll two yahtzees in a row - but it is possible with a low probability.
It is even less likely that 3 yahtzees in a row will be rolled by the same player - but it is not impossible.

If I recall correctly I have (at least once) rolled 4 yahtzees in a row - yes four and that is without any cheating.

Given how upset you appear to be getting you'd be better off not playing BGA yahtzee and find something else to do.

Wishing you all the best.
RiggerRabbit

Post by RiggerRabbit »

Maybe the site should be fair across the board and not put bias on a player given if it's their first game or 1000th game? There clearly is a handicap function that needs to be removed from this site so all games are fair.
T72on1

Post by T72on1 »

Remkar wrote: 03 April 2023, 16:59
RiggerRabbit wrote: 03 April 2023, 14:31 I'm sorry but this site is complete garbage at this point. Of course it's rigged and they want to keep it a secret. Game after game of being given a handicap against me because I'm playing a newer player and it doesn't want to turn them off from playing the game in case they lose. So it just gifts them perfect rolls in order to force them to win. No one should be surprised that this site will cheat for other players. This site lacks skill based matchmaking.
Sorry, but if you're that convinced, maybe just leave?

There are plenty of us here that are mathematicians, statisticians, programmers, psychologists, etc., and we've checked things and given plenty of explanations about how these programs work, talked about and analyzed the statistics themselves, and tried to explain how the human mind does not understanding randomness.

Feel free to ignore all of us and take your gaming elsewhere if that suits you best. Either way, I hope you find a place to play and feel less frustrated.
I don't think things can be put in a better way than Remkar did in this post. RiggerRabbit, if you are still not convinced, you won't ever be. So I don't understand why you keep torturing yourself by staying here while it obviously frustrates you to such extent.

If you do plan to stick around, maybe steer away from luck based games? Play some abstracts for example? Plenty of fun, no luck involved.

Return to “Yahtzee”