Baroness: look at 1 or 2 hands?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
csimpson

Baroness: look at 1 or 2 hands?

Post by csimpson »

So the on-screen description of the Baroness says "look at 1 or 2 hands". When I've used this previously, I have been forced to look at 2 hands (which is fine) but in my current game I was only allowed to look at 1 hand. At this time, there were only 2 other players in the game so I can imagine the rule is that you can normally look at 2 hands unless there are only 2 hands to look at, but I can't find this described anywhere. (A problem with searching online is that there are so many different versions of this game.)

Can anybody clarify this please?
GeorgeBull

Re: Baroness: look at 1 or 2 hands?

Post by GeorgeBull »

Is it possible, that another player was under protection? I mean that Handmaid=4 was in play.
csimpson

Post by csimpson »

No they weren't. At least not that I remember. And I commented in the chat during the game and that wasn't offered as an explanation. Somebody suggested that maybe I had clicked on the same player twice by accident but again I don't think so, and I don't really want to test that theory in a real game.

What I'm trying to understand is where the choice of looking at 1 or 2 hands comes from? Is it the player who plays the Baroness? Because I don't think you're given the option of only looking at 1 hand normally in the BGA implementation. You click on one player and then you're expected to click on a second player so you're forced to choose 2.
CrumbsintheButter

Post by CrumbsintheButter »

I think it has to do with how many players have been eliminated when the card is played. If it's down to 4 or fewer players you only get to look at one hand.

Return to “Love Letter”