To easy?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
cybrweez

To easy?

Post by cybrweez »

I think, at least in 2P version anyway, the game is easy. Even with 1XP start and no stops (auto move monster turn and start), it's usually a victory, maybe 100% of the time with another experienced player. How can it be made more challenging? There isn't much of a consequence for not defeating a monster, feel like that might be the place to start. Maybe XP reset to 0.
cravix

Re: To easy?

Post by cravix »

I have lost but that is from trying out new classes. A way you could fix this is each time you lose it decreases the maximum breach.
OBJJ

Post by OBJJ »

need teamwork for xp if no will be very hard
YohanessLee

Post by YohanessLee »

i think they really need to add harder&tough monsters for experienced players cuz it's actually easy to defeat lv5 monster

I suggest for them to build lv6 and even higher monsters as an optional battle for those who want a challenging battle
Oyoèt

Post by Oyoèt »

I agree that the game is pretty easy whatever the number of players, even when starting at 0 exp. More monsters after lvl5 would definitely be nice, or just tougher monsters I guess
Asgar Arn

Post by Asgar Arn »

I think the consequence of letting an earlier monster go is that is not a full victory.
So if you exploit this to exp farm gamble in the early monsters to win against the last.
You get 1 point end of game per defeated monster.

So something that would be easy to implement i think is adding a hardcore option. I.e regsrdless of what monster breach you lose.

I play with this in state of mind that i like to go for a full 5p victory and may not need the option. E.g. With the right group just abondon at first loss. But that Said an option would be Nice.
Romain672

Post by Romain672 »

If everything can change, I would think of maybe giving +1 xp per breach left.
This would make killing monsters fast more appealing (maybe too appealing).

But if this is done, it should come with something else harder.
tarongot

Post by tarongot »

Yes, game is rather easy. Would be great to make it harder. If you have paper copy you can do it easy, bu on BGA developers would have to do it. Would they? I doubt.
The hardest variant I can think of now its to play 3 players (and forced automaton as 4th) 0 starting XP and NO HUNTER, but even then is not very hard if players understand that killing monsters is goal, not getting exp by "practice" action. After all you really don't need 4,4,4 cards to win. If you know characters and cooperate with teammates 2x2 +4, or 3x3 its really enough to kill boss monster.

If a miracle happen and something change, way to make game harder are endless. You don't need additional level of monsters. Simple giving monster extra HP and attack can be enough.
Romain672

Post by Romain672 »

I just got an idea for an hard mode.

Everyone roll only two dices in a turn.
But every turn, you got the option to use 1 xp to roll a third dice.

And that's all.
Since it seem way harder, you can compare the '0xp & 3 dices' version with my '2xp & 2 dices' version. That still seem harder, but manageable.

https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=92102
tarongot

Post by tarongot »

Romain672 wrote: 28 June 2023, 19:04 I just got an idea for an hard mode.

Everyone roll only two dices in a turn.
I don't like it. It make game more luck based, not harder. There are many option's to make it harder without touching randomness.

Return to “None Shall Pass!”