How to increase population other than top button to "increase population using food?"

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
TheStrongOne13

How to increase population other than top button to "increase population using food?"

Post by TheStrongOne13 »

I am trying to increase population other then use the "increase population using food" button at the top.

What am I supposed to press to pay 1 civil action, pick up rightmost yellow token, or put yellow token in my worker pool?

Thank you for any clarification.
Remkar

Re: How to increase population other than top button to "increase population using food?"

Post by Remkar »

I'm not sure if I fully understand the question.

The only "normal" way to increase your population is by clicking that button and spending the appropriate amount of food.

Every other way requires a card action. Some examples are:
Frugality - still costs the same amount of food, but you click on the card (and then receive bonus food back).
Inhabited Territory - when this event comes up, the winner of the territory gets some free population.
Ocean Liner Service - a wonder that let's you click on it once a turn to increase your population once you've finished building it.
Barbosa - a leader that let's you build a military unit directly (increases population and build the unit all in one move) by clicking on him.

Then there are other various events that can get seeded at political actions that can increase (and/or decrease) population.

I may be forgetting some other instances, but those are the most common ones I remember.
Last edited by Remkar on 10 April 2023, 22:42, edited 1 time in total.
TheStrongOne13

Re: How to increase population other than top button to "increase population using food?"

Post by TheStrongOne13 »

okay, I was confused because in the instruction pdf it states:

To increase your population:
• Pay 1 civil action.
• Pick up the rightmost yellow token in your yellow
bank.
• Pay the amount of food specified by the white
number under that section of the yellow bank.
• Put the yellow token in your worker pool. It is now
an unused worker

... and I just realized it is probably walking you through the action and those are the steps... not individual actions to increase population? 8-) :lol:

Thanks for your answer :) It really helped me!
Remkar

Post by Remkar »

Ah, yes! Hahaha!

It's basically telling you physically (on the physical board game) all the things you need to do to up your population, but in the digital implementation on here, yeah, you just get to click that 1 button and all of that magically happens for you. :)

Return to “Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization”