Maintain preferred color setting?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
toddcarson

Re: Maintain preferred color setting?

Post by toddcarson »

Yes, I give up attempting to convince anyone when I have such a mindset. basketball stars
ExaltedAngel

Post by ExaltedAngel »

steve5332 wrote: 13 March 2022, 12:04 It only leads to confusion if someone refers to another player by colour rather than by their name in the chat.
Well, this is kinda a good reason by itself. They might work around it by making this optional and by reminding people about it (in the scoreboard or in chat) so they avoid confusion, but it's sort of a messy solution
klkitchens

Post by klkitchens »

Meeplelowda wrote: 14 March 2022, 06:25
Ez0ah wrote: 13 March 2022, 14:29 That reason being it would probably mean a massive overhaul of the current system.
Whenever someone proposes what they think is an "easy" improvement, I wonder if they've done any programming...like ever.
I have, it's my full time job, and I just suggested this much needed fix in another thread before I was pointed here.

So yeah... I acknowledged that previous technical debt may not make it 'easy', but it's still the correct thing to do.
voriki wrote: 14 March 2022, 13:31
steve5332 wrote: 13 March 2022, 12:04 There is no reason at all why I couldn't be blue the whole time, even if my opponent was blue too. No reason at all.
Yup, with such a mindset, I give up trying to reason with anyone.
Yes, your mindset is hard to reason with, so I imagine it would be hard for you.

Steve is right. From a game perspective, there is no reason at all why it cannot show everyone their preferred color to themselves. I see a different game board on Can't Stop from others. Same exact thing.
klkitchens

Post by klkitchens »

ExaltedAngel wrote: 17 March 2023, 05:55
steve5332 wrote: 13 March 2022, 12:04 It only leads to confusion if someone refers to another player by colour rather than by their name in the chat.
Well, this is kinda a good reason by itself. They might work around it by making this optional and by reminding people about it (in the scoreboard or in chat) so they avoid confusion, but it's sort of a messy solution
For the probably RARE cases where people are actually chatting in the game about the game.

But yeah, putting a reminder on the chat window works. But fixing this does far more good than harm.
Miss game play

Post by Miss game play »

you used to be able to choose a list of 4 colours in prefered order. the person who set table got original choice then next person etc. i guess changed when new people bought it

Return to “Can't Stop”