Rescue 2 cats instead of one card didn't work?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
theAudsMustBeCrazy

Rescue 2 cats instead of one card didn't work?

Post by theAudsMustBeCrazy »

At the start of my turn, I played an Anytime card which read "when you next rescue 1 cat you may rescue 2 cats instead". I had 1 permanent basket and no Rescue card baskets. The first cat I rescued was of a color that matched a map it was placed on, so I got a treasure. The app would not let me pick my second cat. Is this a bug, or am I missing something in the rules? I thought with that Anytime card I didn't need another basket (that's the perk of it). Did it not work because I took a treasure?
BenInJapan

Re: Rescue 2 cats instead of one card didn't work?

Post by BenInJapan »

As far as I understand the game, this card is a little bit difficult to understand correctly.

It doesn't mean you can rescue two cats for the price of one, or by using just one basket (which would make it a very powerful card), but only that you can use two baskets (and pay the fish for both of the cats you want to rescue) at the same time. So the main effect of this card is that you do not have to hope your opponents leave the cats you want to have for your second pick, but you can instead pick them both at once (but still using the usual resources).

This also means using this card is pretty pointless if you have only one basket or only enough fish to pay for only a single cat, as I understand was the case in your play
Oicalyptus

Post by Oicalyptus »

BenInJapan wrote: 01 February 2022, 05:35 As far as I understand the game, this card is a little bit difficult to understand correctly.

It doesn't mean you can rescue two cats for the price of one, or by using just one basket (which would make it a very powerful card), but only that you can use two baskets (and pay the fish for both of the cats you want to rescue) at the same time. So the main effect of this card is that you do not have to hope your opponents leave the cats you want to have for your second pick, but you can instead pick them both at once (but still using the usual resources).

This also means using this card is pretty pointless if you have only one basket or only enough fish to pay for only a single cat, as I understand was the case in your play
thats totally correct and written in the rules
JoysJoy

Post by JoysJoy »

BenInJapan wrote: 01 February 2022, 05:35 As far as I understand the game, this card is a little bit difficult to understand correctly.

UGH!! Useless card then! But that is not how the card is working anyway. I had the rescue 2 card with 2 possible baskets but still only let me to do one. Then the other player had a turn and I tried the rescue 2 cats card again but nope, only could resuce one. So I did rescue 2 cats with my baskets in separate turns, and now when I try to confirm, the games says "are you sure? you can still rescue cats". But there is no way I can! No more baskets and the game does not show me any available. I click and click and click and nothing is really availabe. I thought maybe it was stuck becaues the card showing says I can rescue 2.

Why am I stuck if it is not to rescue 2, and why did not make me wait to rescue my second with the rescue 2 ?

Return to “The Isle of Cats”