Idavoll Odin question

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Mark Ellis

Idavoll Odin question

Post by Mark Ellis »

Odin allows you to swap a neutral hero card. I did this with Olwyn, because swapping him out allows me to keep his two illusion/doubles cards. But then, Olwyn is of course available again in the hero selection.

If I take him during another hero recruitment, do I get another two doubles? I suspect the answer is no as the physical edition probably only contains two of these cards, so I probably gain just his own card? Or, if my opponent takes him, do they take the two doubles away from my ranks? This would seem harsh, but possible. Any insights appreciated as I don't think here is an undo on hero recruitment!
Mark Ellis

Re: Idavoll Odin question

Post by Mark Ellis »

No sooner had I posted this than my opponent explored the Olwyn conundrum, and unfortunately found out the hard way that the doubles stay with the person who originally recruited them (i.e. me). A tough way to lose and sometimes I wish we had a voluntary rewind button. But good to know the answer at least and hope it helps others.
CakeorDave

Post by CakeorDave »

Yup. You do get the points that he’s worth, still. Also, if someone else has discarded an olwyn double, and you play from the discard, you can pick his double without having him, and play it anywhere.
Nomad24

Post by Nomad24 »

Yes .. tough lesson I learned one. Powerfull combo with Odin.

Return to “Nidavellir”