Animations very slow and lagging on Android mobile

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Emchen

Animations very slow and lagging on Android mobile

Post by Emchen »

Anyone else noticed a severe drop on speed playing on mobile? Since a week back the animations are lagging for me.. it takes 20 sec to roll the dice in the feeder.
bananasplay

Re: Animations very slow and lagging on Android mobile

Post by bananasplay »

Emchen wrote: 14 April 2023, 00:25 Anyone else noticed a severe drop on speed playing on mobile? Since a week back the animations are lagging for me.. it takes 20 sec to roll the dice in the feeder.
I find the whole implementation resource-intensive, in general—it only loads part way on my phone, period, so it's completely unplayable for me there. :-/

(Editing to note that I'm an iPhone user, not Android.)
Please check my profile for a list of bugs that need upvotes so that BGA will maybe get around to fixing them.
paramesis

Post by paramesis »

bananasplay wrote: 14 April 2023, 18:42
Emchen wrote: 14 April 2023, 00:25 Anyone else noticed a severe drop on speed playing on mobile? Since a week back the animations are lagging for me.. it takes 20 sec to roll the dice in the feeder.
I find the whole implementation resource-intensive, in general—it only loads part way on my phone, period, so it's completely unplayable for me there. :-/

(Editing to note that I'm an iPhone user, not Android.)
Wingspan works on Safari for me on iPhone.
Are you using Firefox by chance? In response to a recent report, I was testing and found I could not get any games (not just Wingspan) to open on Firefox for iPhone or iPad. I reported it here: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=85895

For the performance question, I will add to my to-do list to add a user preference to remove animations and shadows, and maybe make it default in some contexts.
Emchen

Post by Emchen »

I use Chrome, previously it worked fine. A setting to play without animations are probably a good idea.
Babe6

Post by Babe6 »

I have exactly same issue! Just changed for new phone (Google Pixel pro) and wingspan is working very slow. It was working fine on prev old one. Any suggestions?
Thank you

Return to “Wingspan”