What happens if the game ends in a tie?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
kevan

What happens if the game ends in a tie?

Post by kevan »

Neither the BGA rules page nor the printed rules booklet cover this situation. How has it been coded at BGA?
Jellby

Re: What happens if the game ends in a tie?

Post by Jellby »

It will be a tie, I guess.
SquashEngineer

Post by SquashEngineer »

I just started playing this game recently, and I like it. However, the implementation seems heavily plagued with a rules interpretation, translation, and documentation problem across many sources. I took a shot at cleaning up the (unofficial) rules here on BGA - I hope I haven't undone other people's work or introduced further errors. It's hard to know if the BGA game coding matches the mixture of rules floating around out there.
Mamaw37

Post by Mamaw37 »

both games I've played this week that ended in a tie, I lost points and the other player gaining elo points. Not sure if my opponent lost rating points. Not sure if it depends on who went first or elo on who loses and who gains rating in a tie. the final results shows both players as 1st place and a tie.
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

When you tie against a lower-rated player, you lose points, and you win points if you tie against a higher-rated player. Both Elo and Arena. It makes sense.
Last edited by Jellby on 08 September 2023, 14:27, edited 1 time in total.
SquashEngineer

Post by SquashEngineer »

Jellby wrote: 27 July 2023, 08:45 When you tie against a lower-rated player, you lose points, and you win points if you tie against a higher-rated player. Both Elo and Arena. I makes sense.
That’s helpful to know. I didn’t realize that was what was happening when I tied in other games also. Seems reasonable.
keith7x

Post by keith7x »

ended up in a tie today in a tournament and even though the ELO screen said we tied, everything else gave me 2nd place fwiw. The player that went last and matched my score got 1st place. Don't know why that is but thought I'd mention it in regards to tournaments.

Return to “Piraten kapern”