Rules for expansions, or site implementation

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
ureloch

Rules for expansions, or site implementation

Post by ureloch »

Hi,
As expansions grow on this great game (and are automatically added to the Arena), I can't find any rules PDF for those expansions.
There are some good files created by some man of good will (even though the fact that is in French is good only for those who speak French), but as long as they have no pictures, they don't really clarify what should I do in some situations.

For example, I just started a game and opened a room I never saw, with a big golden circle and another big purple circle. Even searching the French glossary for all the places described as "Mercenaries", I can't tell which is which, so I'm not even sure if it's good to pass near those things.

Why most of the games on BGA have full PDF for games and expansions, and a game so full of different possible rules and combination hasn't? (The total NO-UNDO politics behind the PC version doesn't help at all when it comes to understanding the rules interactions)

If there is no solution to this problem (maybe copyrights?), wouldn't it be a good idea to have descriptions of the places while passing the mouse, as it wisely happens with characters and objects? I think it would really give the whole game a great boost, giving it the standard quality it deserves, and that most of the other games have yet.

Thank you very much.
tchobello

Re: Rules for expansions, or site implementation

Post by tchobello »

Hello,

I know it has been difficult to find Rules pdf these past months as some official websites have been closed for different reasons
I'm still wondering why some people wake up when it's too late... as they were available for years.

Dungeon Twister implementation has started many years ago when BGA users were mostly only playing.
Since then, they have been very picky, demanding and still not helping.

If I remember well, you are able to see every square reachable by characters, which gives you information you don't have IRL.
If I remember well, you are able to cancel your moves...
So don't yell it's a total NO-UNDO politics.

I won't answer the last part as I might get banned for a few days.
ureloch

Post by ureloch »

"I won't answer the last part as I might get banned for a few days"
Uh? It's a constructive proposal, what's wrong with that? Technical issues?

"Since then, they have been very picky, demanding and still not helping."
Define "Helping". Like, buying the original unavailable expansions to scan the rules to PDF? Also, I've been a premium BGA member for years. That's "Helping".

"If I remember well, you are able to see every square reachable by characters, which gives you information you don't have IRL."
It's definitely not what I'm asking about. Thank to this feature, I know I can't WALK on that purple circle, but still have no idea of what it is.

"If I remember well, you are able to cancel your moves..."
Other games let you undo until there are interactions with the opponent. DT is strict to a chess-like habit, where "you touch, you move", (in this case, you finish a move in your turn, you can't get back) but as the number of interactions and possibilities in a DT turn are many more, I think it's a bit too strict. I'm okay with no-rotating back rooms, but even if you misclick something in the starting placement you're dead... This is, though, my personal view, and I'm good with whatever is the developer's policy here.

"I'm still wondering why some people wake up when it's too late... as they were available for years."
Because they were available, maybe. If they are no more, people wonders. And as long as Mercenaries is something new, why should I have bothered about Mercenaries rules before? And, again, it's mandatory in Arena League, where I play. So I can't just skip it. I just ask to know what I'm playing at. As for ANY other game here.

So I ask to OTHER people: is there any option to get back PDFs for rules, OR to have a more interactive game table where you can discover what are the various "decors" are?
Just for the record, according to https://fr.doc.boardgamearena.com/Gameh ... eontwister (which is at the moment the most helpful document around) there are 37 different kinds of "decors" in the game.
T72on1

Post by T72on1 »

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/1996 ... unofficiel has all the info needed. It's in French, but even for the people who don't speak that language it shouldn't be too hard to get it translated through Google or other means.
ureloch

Post by ureloch »

Wow, thanks! This is EXATCLY what I was looking for, a glossary with images! French is a problem, but i'll try to use google.
Thank you very much, I never stumbled on this document before, even with hard researches! I think it should be linked somehow to the site!
tchobello

Post by tchobello »

ureloch wrote: 09 December 2022, 13:35 Wow, thanks! This is EXATCLY what I was looking for, a glossary with images! French is a problem, but i'll try to use google.
Thank you very much, I never stumbled on this document before, even with hard researches! I think it should be linked somehow to the site!
https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewto ... 76#p123876
ureloch

Post by ureloch »

tchobello wrote: 09 December 2022, 19:50
ureloch wrote: 09 December 2022, 13:35 Wow, thanks! This is EXATCLY what I was looking for, a glossary with images! French is a problem, but i'll try to use google.
https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewto ... 76#p123876
Ouch, I missed that!
To espiate, I'll try to translate the whole things in a couple of more languages!
Thanks Tchobello!
Tilt

Post by Tilt »

I'm starting to learn DT and I think it's a great game I can get into... I too was having difficulties finding rules for the expansions, until I found this great file in BGG:

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/6683 ... cel-format

It has detailed descriptions of each character/item/tile etc. Really helpful!

Hope people find it helpful!

Return to “Dungeon Twister”