Political Success only for Vichy or FNA?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Alcidas

Political Success only for Vichy or FNA?

Post by Alcidas »

Hello

I am not sure if this is a bug or according to the rules. I pulled a pro-Axis marker from the diplomacy cup in my game as Axis. It is December 40, France is collapsed and Vichy is active but the Nazi-Soviet pact is still active. The system only lets me place a marker in either Vichy or FNA, although both Spain and Turkey are neutral in the game.

I had thought that pulling a pro-Axis marker lets you put a marker in any neutral country, but am I wrong?
MarkDey

Re: Political Success only for Vichy or FNA?

Post by MarkDey »

The diplomacy rules changed in October, and the changes were implemented in BGA earlier this year. The Axis now can only use a Political Success event to target a country that is adjacent to an Axis ally.
Alcidas

Post by Alcidas »

Is that only adjacent to an ally, meaning occupied countries do not count?

So Turkey is adjacent to both Bulgaria and Greece that I have conquered, but do these not count then?
0wn

Post by 0wn »

They do not count under these rules because they are not active (but conquered) and not friendly.
They must be both for the Political Success range to apply.
Alcidas

Post by Alcidas »

OK thanks guys - so looks like this is not a bug but just my own lack of understanding of the game rules!
tarkalak

Post by tarkalak »

Yeah, to get Turkey you need either Bulgaria or Greece. Or Iraq/Syria, but they even harder to get.
For Spain you need either Vichy or FNA. Portugal would also work, but it is only neighbour to Spain, so you need unlimited successes somehow.

Return to “Unconditional Surrender! World War 2 in Europe”