Expansions?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
ViolentSilence

Expansions?

Post by ViolentSilence »

Is it too early to ask if there are any plans on the expansions? Not sure if I want to see all of the modules, but I'd love to see the extra roles, the lab board, the virulent strain epidemics and the 5th disease variants eventually.

The lab board is probably my favourite as it reduces the need to co-ordinate to share cards, and I think the extra puzzle on the lab board is a more engaging challenge in its place, but I don't think Asmodee ever got round to adding that to the app version.

Anyway, thanks to Moof for the work done in developing it so far, about my only criticism is wanting a slightly more fluid way to reorganise the cards for the 'Forecast' event which can be a bit of a faff if you want to move the 5th and 6th cards to first and second for example
nairobiny

Re: Expansions?

Post by nairobiny »

ViolentSilence wrote:Is it too early to ask if there are any plans on the expansions?
Yep.
ViolentSilence

Post by ViolentSilence »

nairobiny wrote: 23 June 2021, 19:23
ViolentSilence wrote:Is it too early to ask if there are any plans on the expansions?
Yep.
Maybe not though - There is quite a bit of the implementation on here that has been lifted from the App including things like sound effects and animations. The app has the roles from On The Brink as an in app purchase (so restricted to Premium subscribers here?) and the event cards, and also the virulent strain epidemics, so those the logic for coding those may be available too. It's going to depend on what Z-Man are willing to allow on here (they might keep the modules purely for the App), what the developer has time for and a few other things, but those discussions may have already taken place
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

ViolentSilence wrote: 26 June 2021, 18:29
nairobiny wrote: 23 June 2021, 19:23
Yep.
Maybe not though - There is quite a bit of the implementation on here that has been lifted from the App including things like sound effects and animations. The app has the roles from On The Brink as an in app purchase (so restricted to Premium subscribers here?) and the event cards, and also the virulent strain epidemics, so those the logic for coding those may be available too. It's going to depend on what Z-Man are willing to allow on here (they might keep the modules purely for the App), what the developer has time for and a few other things, but those discussions may have already taken place
Probably not. Usually the way is "let's see how the game perform on BGA before even talking about expansions", so if it's not already there, then probably you will need to wait couple of months at least before discussing that.
MasterMar

Post by MasterMar »

7+ months, and still no update? The game was quite popular. I want On the Brink, especially Bio-Terrorist!
skyhawk2

Post by skyhawk2 »

Would love to see the “on the brink“ functionality!
Polarbear790

Post by Polarbear790 »

we love "On The Brink" IRL!
skyhawk2

Post by skyhawk2 »

How about now? (Re: is it too early to ask about expansions.)
3mal7

Post by 3mal7 »

Are there any plans to implement any extensions at all?
Ratzzzz

Post by Ratzzzz »

Man id love some expansions and or other versions of pandemic as well!

I play solo a lot and its so nice not having to set up a physical board at home. Id love the hot zone variants but most of all the on the brink expansion!

Return to “Pandemic”